Winter 2016/17 anime lineup

Jasta85
Org Profile

Winter 2016/17 anime lineup

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:53 pm

https://www.livechart.me/winter-2017/tv

So, next anime season is just around the corner (some series starting in 2 weeks, others not for another month) but there are some ones that I'm super excited for so here they are:

My "Will definitely be watching" list:

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 - Loved the first series, looking forward to the second one, I actually started to read the light novel and then saw that it was getting a second season and stopped so I can enjoy the anime spoiler free. Time for some more EXPLOSION!

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen - Started the manga after the first anime finished but it was so slow in releases that I stopped and never picked it back up, but glad its back. Probably going to have to skim through the original series again to refresh my memory as it's been like 6 or 7 years since the first series.

Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season - I was honestly a bit meh about the first season of Tales of Zestiria, the main character was just not that interesting to me, and all the side characters sort of revolved around him. But it's still ufotable so expect beautiful animation at the very least, and I do want to see how the story ends.

ChäoS;Child - Ugh, ChäoS;HEAd gave me a headache, I had to watch it twice to figure out what had been happening for the most part. I blame it for making my wary of any anime with psychological as a tag, well, evangelion did that too but ChäoS;HEAd just reconfirmed that fact. But I'll be checking this out regardless.

Fate/Grand Order: First Order - I love all things type moon, and I know absolutely nothing about fate/grand order other than it's a game that I can't play because it's not translated. We'll see how this turns out, hopefully better than the unlimited blade works tv series, that wasn't quite as good as I hoped.

Little Witch Academia (TV) - Hell yea, Trigger going back to their roots. I never got into Kiznaiver for some reason, but I love both Little Witch Academia movies so I've got high hopes for this.

And this is my "Series I'm interested in, but don't know much about"

Masamune-kun no Revenge - Heard somewhat positive things about the manga, and as there is no highschool dxd this season I need something else for my harem fix heh.

Fuuka - Ugh, I never touched this manga as the impression I get from most people that read it are that there is lots of angst and drama in it. Plus it's got the tragedy tag which usually sends me running. However, now that the anime is out I might as well check it out to see what's up.

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari - so this is based on a tower defense role playing game? Ok, but at least the action looked pretty well done in the PV so I'll be taking a look at it.

Granblue Fantasy the Animation - Another game I've been interested in, if only it got an official english release. Will see how it does as an anime.

Youjo Senki - Heard good things about the light novel, although I have yet to read it. Guess this will be my seinen series for this season.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Winter 2016/17 anime lineup

Post by Kireblue » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:26 am

My definitely watching list is
  • Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen
    ChäoS;Child
    Little Witch Academia (TV)
Also probably gonna check out
  • Kuzu no Honkai
    Hand Shakers
    Fuuka
    Akiba's Trip: The Animation
Little Witch Academia is definitely the thing I have the highest hopes for. Probably gonna end up dropping 3-gatsu no Lion and Nobunaga no Shinobi though. I liked them this season, but not enough to commit to another 12 eps.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:22 am

KonoSuba
Little Witch Academia
Fate/Grand
Akiba's Trip
Youjo Senki
Gabriel DropOut

Those for now. May or may not pick up others. First ep of Gabriel was alright and the characters seem a bit interesting, though I hope it doesn't get too predictable.
Under Construction

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:28 am

クズの本懐: I think this has potential for good anti-romance drama.
リトル ウェイチ アカデミア: I think I saw some shorts on this I like. I think seeing a full series would be nice.
セイレン: I'm intrigued by the idea that only the main character and each girl remember their relationship. What's the mechanics of that?
3月のライン: looked at the manga a bit, considering seeing the movie.

Some of these series are included in my Amazon Japan prime membership. Which is nice.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

thelifeofapanca
Org Profile

Post by thelifeofapanca » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:43 am

Thank you guys! :)

Return to “General Anime”