Fall 2016 Lineup

Jasta85
Org Profile

Fall 2016 Lineup

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:58 am

https://www.livechart.me/fall-2016/tv

So the summer season is wrapping up, time to check out the Fall lineup. not quite as many series that I'm super hyped about as during this season but still some good looking ones, as well as some series getting additional seasons. Note that I won't be mentioning series that are simply continuing from this season like JoJo.

My "will definitely be checking out" list:

Drifters: Written by the same author as Hellsing, I've been holding off on reading it for a long time and when I heard it was getting an anime I decided to wait. I know absolutely nothing about it, but as Hellsing is one of my favorite series, not to mention one of my intros into anime period, I'll be checking this out.

Okusama ga Seito Kaichou!+!: My guilt pleasure of the season, I enjoyed the manga and the first season. It's pretty much all fanservice and feels for the most part, but I need something mindless and bubbly every now and then to help recover from the really depressing series I inevitably end up watching.

Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season: I enjoyed the first season although I wasn't a mega fan as pretty much all the references as to the character's names and the authors they are based on went completely over my head. However I liked it enough to want to see more so I'll be checking out season 2.

Shuumatsu no Izetta: No nothing about the source material but the trailer looked pretty cool. A witch leading her country in an alternate world war II.

Bloodivores: Apparently this is a joint Chinese/Japanese anime. It's unusual for korean or chinese works to be made into anime and the story sounds somewhat interesting, so I'll be checking this out at least.

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku: Battle Royal (or Hunger Games for those that don't know the original heh) with magical girls? Time to watch moe character slaughtering each other, and to revive my madoka trauma.

Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans 2nd Season: Enjoyed the first season, although it was depressing as hell. Now to continue season 2.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Fall 2016 Lineup

Post by Kionon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:19 am

As usual, not impressed. Maybe I will watch:

バーナード嬢曰く。Bernard Jou Iwaku: I like yonkoma (four panel comics), and as I happen to be well read, and both of my parents are librarians, I'll probably get the jokes.

ガーリッシュナンバー Girlish Number: I've always been interested in learning more about seiyuu, and as this is slice of life, and seemingly not yet another moe moe idol group anime, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that it is actually about the industry.

The second season of 12歳. I forgot I wanted to watch the first season. I'm a JHS first year homeroom and social studies teacher here in Japan, and a number of my students are 12 going on 13, so it's probably going to be interesting to me, given my profession and interest in adolescent psychology.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Ajin s2 for sure. Will pick out others as the memes roll out.
Under Construction

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Sangatsu no Lion is easy AOTS stuff if it isn't SHAFTed too much.

Yuri!!! on Ice might get a lot of AMV use if MAPPA goes all out (so far it looks like animations will be top notch).

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:55 pm

I started watching 12歳. I'm already loving it. It apes the look of early elementary school aimed shoujo anime/manga (think PreCure's billionth spinoff) or other such stuff... but then it zeros in on serious topics, including the first feelings of romantic and sexual attraction, the awareness that teachers have lives outside of school, the experiences around the beginnings of menstruation, and how shitty boys can be about it.

At first I was prepared to judge it by its animation design and seeming quality, and was prepared to be disappointed, but I actually feel like the design is intentional. It's clearly aimed at young girls, but it's delivering important messages about growing up female in general, and specifically in Japanese society. The design means it is visually recognisable to the intended demographic, even if it handles very serious issues. That's pretty damn smart. Unfortunately, I do feel like it might miss an audience that would benefit greatly from accessing it: young boys. The tone, especially around how the main character addresses the boys in her class about their atrocious behavior (which is casually sexist if not overtly misogynistic), would be good for dealing with the frameworks in Japanese society, and in society globally, that continue to make a lot of these issues ones that are more often than not hidden and not discussed.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:06 pm

I have significantly more things today about 12歳 but I think I should make a thread in anime series discussion for it.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Joe88
Org Profile

Post by Joe88 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:00 pm

This season is very heavy on BL and magical girls

Shuumatsu no Izetta
-original anime, interesting plot and setting but seems predictable

WWW.Working!!
-watched the 3 other season, not as good though

Cheating Craft!
-I think people are hating on it and not even giving it a chance because its an anime from china, but its not that bad

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
-dropped after first 3 eps, trying too hard to be a madoka clone

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda
-im on the verge of dropping this after a couple of eps, just not that interesting

Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+!
-watched season 1, guilty pleasure anime (how is this not hentai?)

Flip Flappers
-beautiful animation but can be a little "out there" most of the time and not for everyone

Gi(a)rlish Number
-I like this for the interesting characters but they follow the typical tropes

Stella no Mahou
-another girls making games anime but no where near as good as new game, animation is a bit poor also

Long Riders!
-bakoun! with bicycles, complete with bad animation, heavy use of cg, boring characters, and they already had to delay 1 ep for a week

Anitore! XX
-another watched s1 and guilty pleasure anime

Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan
-extended from 85 shorts to 120, pretty funny and better than mob pyshco 100, wish it was more popular

Iron Blooded Orphans S2
-archiving, still watching s1

Hibike! Euphonium 2
-archiving, didnt watch s1 yet

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:57 pm

Joe88 wrote:Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
-dropped after first 3 eps, trying too hard to be a madoka clone
I'm a masochist so I watched until episode 5. I'm personally not even offended that it's madoka clone what got me was that the character design is simply way too bland compared to madoka.

The only good show this season is Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou :up:

Luckily next season we get Little Witch Academia and KonoSuba S2.

Return to “General Anime”