Jasta85
Org Profile

Fall 2015 Anime Lineup

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:07 am

Live chart with countdowns:
https://www.livechart.me/fall-2015/tv
moetron doesn't seem to have the PV's up yet, will add that link later

"Will definitely watch, or at least check out"
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen - I enjoyed the game in that that tactical battles were pretty fun (helluva long time ago), and the first anime series made about this was pretty disappointing, hopefully they'll do a better job this time around.

One Punch Man - I tried to get into the manga but after a couple chapters it really hadn't grabbed me at all, however I keep hearing people rave about this series so I'll definitely check the anime out to see if it can jump start my interest again.

Hidan no Aria AA - Saw the first series at it was ok, but it's been a couple years since I heard Rie Kugimiya in her tsundere role (blood blockade battlefront does not count) so I will be checking this out.

Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst - This will fill in the gap of highschool DxD in terms of my fanservice series for the season heh, although depending on how bad the censoring is I may just wait for the BD before checking it out.

"Interested in"
Noragami Aragoto - I actually never finished the first Noragami, it was getting a bit too depressing when I left off and I never ended up finishing it, but I'll most likely finish it up in the next few weeks and then check out this one.

Heavy Object - I hear the this is from the same creator as the To Aru series so that has me interested, know exactly nothing else about it other than it seems to have mechs.

Owarimonogatari - Ugh, another monogatari series. I loved the first Bakemonogatari as well nisemonogatari but at this point all I want to see is Kizumonogatari, and this is not it. I will check this out though at least simply for my love of the original.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken - Is that really its full name? Anyway, the description sounded somewhat funny. Guy mistakenly thought to be gay gets thrown into an all girls elite school, might be worth checking out.

Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen - The first season honestly wasn't that good but since I watched it I'll check out the second one.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Fall 2015 Anime Lineup

Post by mirkosp » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:05 pm

One Punch Man AOTS no contest period.

OldFashionedLizard
Org Profile

Post by OldFashionedLizard » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:21 pm

I'm definitely looking forward to One Punch Man and I'm also interested in the second to last anime.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Aside from sequels (Yuru Yuri and Owarimonogatari), One Punch Man and Sakurako-san. Sakurako-san surprised me a lil bit, though the getting into the zone bit is a lil cheesy. I feel as I should like Garo, but it feels like something is missing yet I can't put my finger on it. May or may not pick that up later. May check out others later too.
Under Construction

Joe88
Org Profile

Post by Joe88 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:48 am

There seems to be alot of "magic" highschool harem anime this season
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:33 am

every season seems to have a magical highschool anime these days, think it really took off after zero no tsukaima and to aru no index got so popular, although there were definitely plenty before that. It's just a really popular genre

Unfortunately they all seem to use generally the same ideas as well as very stereotypical characters

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:35 am

They are what many people call "Light Novel Kits".
The tropes and cliches of light novel just keep selling, so many light novels are almost identical to one another, and this was inherited by web novels as well. Since they sell, they get their anime adaptations, and the home video numbers tend to be good enough to barely make it past the break-even point if they manage to contain the costs (and they generally can, as you'll typically have a battle scene every 2-3 eps at most while the rest is mostly static school setting), so it's generally worth the investement when you do the math.

summerslover
Org Profile

Post by summerslover » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:07 am

I searched the forum...no One Punch Man thread..?

Return to “General Anime”