Jasta85
Org Profile

Spring 2015 Anime Lineup

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:22 am

https://livechart.me/spring
http://www.moetron.com/2015/03/22/sprin ... ollection/

A lot of returning series here, and a couple I am looking forward to seeing:

My "Will Definitely Watch" list:
-Fate/Sta Night Unlimited Bladeworks season 2: This needs no explaining, Ufotable does incredible animation and I'm a huge fan of the fate series, prepare for some epic showdowns in this season and hope they hurry up and jump start heaven's feel to show up soon.

-Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Zoku: I really enjoyed the first season, the main character is probably the most realistic, yet sympathetic, portrayal of the disillusioned loner to be portrayed in anime. the first series ended on a pretty depressing note, so I'm looking forward to this one. This is one of the few series in which I hope there actually is some romance as the main character deserves a little love.

-Shokugeki no Souma: I got into the manga about a month ago and it's great, if I had know the anime was coming out so soon I would have waited as I think it won't be as exciting now, but I'll still be watching it. The fact that the author used to be a hentai manga artist (ahem, not that I would know heh) shows how far people can make in the manga world:

-Nisekoi: Continuing the slice of life, comedy, romance, harem series. Zero plot development in the manga but humorous enough to keep me reading, will be watching the anime as well.

-Highschool DxD BorN: My guilty pleasure of the season, it's pure fanservice harem stuff but I've watched the other two seasons so I might as well continue it. It's also not as cringeworthy as most of the series that fall into the same category.

Series I am interested in:
-Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanaha ViVid: I think strikerS was the last Nanoha series I watched, I've been pretty lukewarm about the series as a whole but I usually end up watching a season when I've burned through whatever else is on so now that I actually know the characters I'll most likely check this out at some point.

-Nagato Yuki-chan Shoushitsu: The second season of Haruhi was a disappointment for me (endless 8 completely killed my enthusiasm for it) and spinoff series have had a mixed bag of quality (the soul eater spinoff just made me want to see them finish making the main series). But it's nagato so I can't completely ignore this.

-Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken Second Season: A very cute set of super short eps, enjoyed the first season so will most likely watch the next one.

-Denpa Kyoushi: I've heard good things about the manga but never picked it up, figured watching the anime would be a good way to see whether or not to jump in the manga afterwards.

-Owari no Seaph: So, story sounds kind of meh, vampires ruling the world and a bunch of bishonens are going to fight them, however the animation looks pretty high quality so I may check it out.

-Triage X: um, sexy nurses acting as hitmen or something at night? absolutely no idea what this series is about but will at least take a loot at the first episode heh.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: Spring 2015 Anime Lineup

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Yayyy looking forward to the second season of Yahari Ore :D

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:09 pm

So many things that need to go in Tier 1, I'm not going to have any time to watch them all during the season itself. Crap.

Tier 1:
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
Highschool DxD BorN
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka?
Denpa Kyoushi (I've had the manga in my to-read queue for a long time since I liked both of Takeshi Azuma's previous mainstream works*...)
Kyoukai no Rinne
Plastic Memories
Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic
Nisekoi:
Grisaia no Meikyuu
Grisaia no Rakuen

Tier 2:
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
Kekkai Sensen
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
Hibike! Euphonium
FSN: UBW S2
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo

Tier 3:
Etotama
Urawa no Usagi-chan
Robot Girls Z+
Owari no Seraph

*and, you know, RE-TAKE. But I don't know if that was just the art or not.

To be honest, Tier 2's entries are like a 1.5. I'm expecting one or two of the Tier 1s to not be all that timely (and both Grisaia adaptations read like specials rather than full series), so that might take some of the pressure off.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:29 pm

I've got to say the Ore Monogatari is a pleasant surprise. I know it's a shojo manga but I never read it and decided to watch the first ep just to see what it is like. It's pretty good so far, I do love romantic comedies that break away from the norm, in this case with a macho gorilla man who is looking for love. I also actually like all the characters so far, none of them annoy me like some characters do in similar series.

Other than that, none of the other new series this season have really grabbed me (series that are new this season, not continuing ones). Denpa Kyoushi is decent but not amazing so far, same with Kekkai Sensen. I've heard good things about plastic memories but apparently the first episode does its best to make you cry and I'm not in the mood for a depressing series right now, I want comedy and maybe some action.

Return to “General Anime”