Fall 2014 Anime charts

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Fall 2014 Anime charts

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:34 pm

Updating with my currently watching.

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken - cute as hell, seriously.
Denki-gai no Honya-san - cute as hell, fairly generic, I don't know why I'm liking this but I am.
Fate Stay - Sure, why not.
Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de - Sure, why not. It's Trigger, and while it's not their original story, it's still pretty fun for what it is.
Madan no Ou to Vanadis - Also not sure why I'm liking this, need to keep watching. Archers are awesome.
Mushishi S2 - You bet your ass.
Psycho Pass 2 - You bet your ass. HYPAH OATS.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Probably one of my favorites so far this season, it's super cute and refreshing. It's like Nodame Cantible lite.
Shingeki no Bahamut - This caught me off guard, so far really enjoyable, surprised at how much I like it.
Shirobako - Easily the best show for me this season. A show about anime production, becoming a working adult, dealing with stress, etc. Great stuff.
Amagi Brilliant Park - Not really holding my attention, will most likely end up dropping it.

Explanation on a few drops:
Log Horizon - Liked the first season fairly well, but just didn't keep up with it so I'm behind. Might watch, might not.
SAO2 - Nahh. Gave the first few eps a shot considering the first half of the first season was pretty good, but just not catching me this time.
Terra Formars - Thought this might have been good, but already I don't really like any of the characters, and I'm not really into blood and guts for the sake of blood and guts. And the blood and guts are censored too. Nahh.
Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu. - I do like twintails, but meh.
Chaika- I watched most of the first season, but like Log Horizon, just sortof lost interest.
Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete - Started to watch this, but lost interest in it. Also I dunno, but the production looks like halfass CG that someone has attempted to touch up and it doesn't work.

Yup. Animu.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:38 am

Currently watching a few this season. I have a little bit more time now that the semester has cooled down after midterms. Gotta say there's a lot of good ones that span quite a few genres which is really nice. I'm doubt I'm gonna drop any of these.

Amagi Brilliant Park - I'm enjoying this. It's been quite a while since I've had my Kyoani dosage.
Parasyte - Yes dude. I firmly believe I'll love this from beginning to end. Also not gonna f- up my watching experience by reading the manga like I did with so many shows (Tokyo Ghoul, Akame ga Kill, Magi, Say I Love You, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, etc.)
Nanatsu no Taizai - Pretty weird how I've never heard of this manga before but I'm liking it. The animation is great and the character design has this weird nostalgic feel to it.
Psycho-Pass 2 - There's no way I'm not watching and not loving this show.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Duuuude, probably my AOTS and I've only watched two episodes. I've actually seen this manga all over when I was back in Japan and I had no idea what it was about, so I was really surprised when I saw it was getting an anime. I agree completely with Zephyr that it gives me feelings that only Nodame Cantabile could give. I actually marathoned a bit of Nodame Cantabile after watching episode 2.
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis - I like this a lot. Main girl is really cool.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:59 am

Yeah Shingeki no Bahamut really surprised me actually. I should probably learn not to judge by titles and maybe not just use the tvtropes app alone to check out what's new in upcoming seasons.
Under Construction

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Yup, always gotta watch the first few eps of stuff.
There's always one or two things that surprise me.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:51 pm

So do we discuss this season in this thread until the discussion threads are up? Either way I should consolidate my posts since they're kinda all over

Following:

-Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken - I love shows like these. I wish there were more shows like this and Turning Girls.
-Shirobako - Love the setting and the characters are quite likable.
-Hi-sCoool! SeHa Girl - Watching for the Nostalgia, and its actually quite enjoyable for what it is.
-FSN - Missed the first one when it came out, decided to hop on the hype train and was not disappointed.
-Inou Battle - It's Trigger
-Parasyte - Enjoying it so far
-Shingeki no Bahamut - Based on the title and TVTropes (mobile app) fall season page alone, I was expecting this to be what Nanatsu is. Glad I caught it though.
-Chaika 2 - Enjoyed the first season, following to see where it'll go.

Following but may drop:
-Ookami Shoujo - First couple eps seemed interesting, not really sure where it's going though.
-Nanatsu no Taizai - Like Shingeki no Bahamut, was expecting this to be what Shingeki is.
-Terra Formars - Premise is interesting, but so much narrative disposition (not sure if that's the word I'm looking for) and the flashbacks seems so disjointed
-Amagi Brilliant Park - Enjoyed the first few eps, but getting a lil too post-Haruhi KyoAni-ish

Will probably follow those 4 to the end unless it gets a lil too narmy. I might pick up a few others, but I think I'll wait til I get better internet.
Under Construction

Return to “General Anime”