Someone recommend a great anime

OssamahJ
Org Profile

Someone recommend a great anime

Post by OssamahJ » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:37 pm

All the anime I'm watching are either over or in between episodes, I need suggestions for the best ones to watch!

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Someone recommend a great anime

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:23 am

best of all time or within a certain period of years? best of a certain genre? it's like asking what is the best movie to watch? need some criteria heh.

anyway, i'll just throw random stuff at you and see if any of it sticks:
death note: if you have not seen this WATCH IT, supernatural cat and mouse series with a genius criminal and detective both trying to beat the other one.
code geass: a mecha series with a whole lot more thrown in, a very cool main character, has a lot of political messages but actually delivers them properly rather than beating you over the head with them.
jojo's bizarre adventure: this is based off an oldschool manga about absolute badasses fighting each other, if you've ever seen fist of the north star this is similar just with excellent art and better characters IMO. It's a niche series but definitely one of my favorites, its second series is airing now.
full metal alchemist brotherhood: This is the newer series, not the old classic one. this one actually follows the manga and I prefer it over the old one, it has a more cohesive story and more fufilling ending as well.
the world that god only knows: romantic comedy (mostly comedy), a gaming addict needs to win over girls in real life by applying his expertise of gaming

anyway, those are just off the top of my head

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Org Profile

Post by Bollocks » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:18 pm

You should really be more specific when asking for recommendations, because now I'm just going to give you a list of random shit that I like with descriptions that may or may not be accurate:

Baoh-Don't research anything about it. Just track down the dub and watch it. You won't be disappointed.

Baby Blue-The only part of Genius Party I've seen, and probably one of the best anime short films ever made. Directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, of Cowboy Bebop fame.

Saki-Ridiculous fake mahjong, butts and yuri undertones. What more could you want from a cartoon?

Original Patlabor OVAs-You can get the nice BD of these for really cheap, and they're all excellent. If you like it, watch the movies as well.
Angel's Egg-This is a really entertaining cartoon, that's great to just kick back and enjoy. Watch it with some friends or family, you'll have a great time :bear:
"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"

varthshenon
Org Profile

Post by varthshenon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:28 am

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/varths ... =0&order=4

Don't know if external link is allowed but there it is. My score is objective, means I put good score even if I didn't like the anime but it's a good anime

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Personal Favorites

Outlaw Star - Great space anime. Western showdown type feel during some battles. It's a comedy, action, and Drama.
Slayers - Great older anime here. Sorcerer and sorcereress, Magic, Treasure, adventure. Great comedy anime, with action too.
Saiyuki - Very deep story and great development of charaters. Great background behind each character. Action / Drama
Eyeshield 21 - If you like sports animes this is a great one. I'm currently on episode 20 and I'm loving it.
Fairy Tail - Wizards and more magic, characters have a great personality to them. Has a great story as well. If you haven't seen it Natsu and the other Dragon Slayers are trying to find their dragons that left them in the year x777. One of my favorite animes I have watched recently.
Blue Exorcist - Rin's wants to become an exorcist to get revenge against his true dad, who is the devil. He joins the academy and let it go from there. It has a good story and I'm about halfway through it.
Zoids Chaotic Century - RARE ANIME IF YOU CAN FIND IT! Love the story. It's about a boy name Van Flyheight wanting to become a zoid pilot like his father. One day searching the ruins he finds an organoid named Zeke. Zeke revives a broken down Shield Ligar and Van pilots it from there. He's trying to help a girl named Fiona to find Zoid Eve. Along the way they get caught up in the war between the Empire and the Republic. Eventually they become a part of the Guardian Force. I'm currently re-watching this been wanting to get a hold of this for a long time and finally did.
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Sailor Moon, Kimagure Orange Road, Ranma 1/2, Blue Seed, Patlabor, Those Who Hunt Elves, Bakaretsu Hunters, El Hazard, Cyber Formula, GTO, Hatsu Inu, Gunsmith Cats, Riding Bean, Armitage III, Iria, Green Legend Ran, Robotech, Macross, Gundam 0083, Macross Plus, Gunbuster, Diebuster, Nadia.....
ImageImageImageImage

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Org Profile

Post by Bollocks » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:29 pm

ngsilver wrote:Macross Plus
This times 100. Macross Plus is a fucking masterpiece that everyone needs to see.

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:35 pm

ngsilver wrote: Ranma 1/2, Those Who Hunt Elves, El Hazard, GTO, Gunsmith Cats, Robotech, Macross, Gundam 0083, Macross Plus,.....
:up:
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

Theodor
Org Profile

Post by Theodor » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:16 am

Do they have anime on Netflix?

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Org Profile

Post by Bollocks » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:22 am

Theodor wrote:Do they have anime on Netflix?
Some, but it depends on where you are. If you're in the US, there's quite a bit.

Return to “General Anime”