Summer 2014 anime chart

Jasta85
Org Profile

Summer 2014 anime chart

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:10 am

So,

Summer season starts in a couple weeks at the beginning of July, here's what we got coming:
http://livechart.me/summer
http://www.moetron.com/2014/05/29/summe ... ollection/

So, not a whole lot that I recognize, and there seems to be more than the average amount of fanservice series if the preview pics are anything to go by.

Series I'm interested in:

Sword Art Online II - While I have mixed feelings about the first series I enjoyed it enough to want to continue. will be interesting to see how gun-slinging plays in this
Sailor Moon: Crystal - an ONA, not a series, but anyway, just want to see how they remade it since sailor moon was one of the first anime I ever saw (didn't even know what anime meant at the time)
Hanamonogatari - It's bakemonogatari series, nuff said, will watch, although I hope for more humor, the last season of this was really depressing, good but too many feels and not enough laughs
Tokyo Ghoul - No idea what it's about but there's lots of action, monsters and blood on the PV, will be checking it out
Persona 4: Golden - I have not played persona 4 golden, I thought it was just an enhanced version of persona 4, will check this out just to see how it differs from the original series

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Summer 2014 anime chart

Post by mirkosp » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:40 am

Stuff I'll prolly check out for one reason or another:
Glasslip: Yeah, looking pretty solid. After NagiAsu I'm actually quite confident that PA Works can pull off good anime originals.
Tokyo Ghoul: It's not my genre, but I ended up checking the manga and I was hooked. It's pretty interesting, though the arc I'm currently reading feels more like a generic action shounen rather than what got me hooked to it in the first place.
Rail Wars!: I love VANIA's chades and I follow him on pixiv; the anime chades is a pretty good adaptation of it all in all, so I guess why not.
Sailor Moon Crystal: to be honest, I fear this will be full of QUALITY. The fact they're doing it as an ONA series instead of an actual TV series scares me too.
SAO II: it's a trainwreck so I can't stop watching.
Barakamon: might be interesting, will check it out.
Space Dandy S2: I liked the S1 too, hopefully there'll be more stuff like episode 5.
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun: Dogakobo is pretty good at adapting stuff and the original is pretty amusing afaik, so I'll check this out.
Himegoto: the manga is pretty funny. I'll check it out.
Momokyun Sword: the Light Novel even has chades by Hisasi. This could be ecchi done right.
Hanayamata: it's going to be generic slice of life, BUT it's by Madhouse, so maybe they'll be able to sneak in some nifty animations? ...Yeah no, it's hopeless. I guess I'll drop this soon enough if I'll give it a try at all.
Zankyou no Terror: this looks pretty interesting, noitaminA originals can be pretty hit or miss though.
Jinsei: generic school comedy. LN's got a good chades at least. Might give it a try.
KanColle: here's to hope Diomedea doesn't fuck it up.
Rokujyouma no Shinryakusha: same as Jinsei.

Shows with AOTS potential: GlasslipNOPE, Tokyo Ghoul, Space Dandy S2, Zankyou no Terror, Persona 4 The Golden Animation, Hanamonogatari

You'll notice that a couple shows I list with AOTS potential aren't on my watch list. It's because they are stuff I wouldn't enjoy (P4G) or of which I need to watch more of the prequels first (Hanamonogatari).

Didn't bother listing the movies, but of course there's stuff I'm intersted into among those too.

MatthewRoy
Org Profile

Post by MatthewRoy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Will probably watch these:

Akame ga Kill!
Zankyou no Terror
Hanamonogatari
Tokyo Ghoul

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:13 pm

I mean, let's face it. I'm gonna watch SAO II. Out of curiousity for the very least.
HANAMONOGATARI
Zankyou no Terror - cool poster => I'll check it out, I guess xD
Akame ga Kill! - This is either going to be good or just shit.
Tokyo Ghoul - ditto
Glasslip - P. A. Works animation <3

I was too lazy to read the description of the titles that didn't immediately interest me so I guess I'll just see what people recommend me :bear:
ImageImage

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:59 am

Just from the descriptions and pics,

Watching:
Free ES
Zankyou no Terror
Tokyo ESP
and Persona 4 Golden SO MUCH already anime of the year everyone else go home

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Org Profile

Post by Bollocks » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:19 pm

I'll be checking out:

Zankyou no Terror-Shinichiro Watanabe and Yoko Kanno, need I say more?
Ao Haru Ride-I haven't watched anything shoujo in ages, and I dig the art for this one, so I figured I'd at least give it a shot.
Glasslip-It doesn't look like anything special, and I didn't like Nagi-Asu, but after Hanasaku Iroha I'm willing to give anything original that PA works does a shot.
SAO 2-I just want to see how bad it's gonna get...
"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:04 am

Gonna watch these ones for sure:
Aldnoah.Zero - heard a lot about this over the past few months and the staff is real good.
Ao Haru Ride - One of my favorite shoujo manga, it's pretty surprising that it took this long to get an adaptation.
Barakamon - Read the manga a while back and I loved it. I'm really into the "dude in his 30's taking care of or being around a little girl" thing in manga and anime, like Yotsubato and My Girl.

I'll keep my eye on these ones as well:
Akame ga Kill! - White Fox makes some of my favorite anime.
Glasslip - P.A. Works also makes good anime.
Hanamonogatari - if I can catch up with season 2...
Persona 4 - I might try this one. It's very doubtful though. I avoided the first series for so long.
Tokyo ESP - Could be good. The staff isn't bad and the premise is something I'd enjoy.
Tokyo Ghoul - The story sounds good and the animation wasn't bad either. Could be a dark horse or something really mediocre like a lot of anime that look like this.
Zankyou no Terror - I'm putting all of my faith in the staff and I'm gonna say this is gonna be a good one. The chance I'll be picking this up is very high.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:46 am

I will watch stuff which I liked the first Season like:
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma 2
Space Dandy 2
Swort Art Online 2

And then I will watch everything Comedy, Adventure, Slice of Life & Romance. MINUS everything which has either Mechas, Stupid Lolis, Harem or uninteresting set-up or charakters.
Most of the time I can tell after an episode or two if I will like something or not. Hopefully the quality will be as good as the spring stuff, surprisingly many nice things there.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:24 am

Damn, Glasslip is bad. I had my hopes high after NagiAsu, but P.A. Works can't make two good shows in a row, apparently. Might end up worse than RDG.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:37 pm

Have to agree, I can imagine that the show is gonna get its ass abused on amvs because, you know, PAfuckingWorks, but other then that it was just bad.
ImageImage

Return to “General Anime”