Negima is ending :(

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Negima is ending :(

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:46 am

I just finished catching up on the manga, and it now tells me it's ending in two more chapters :( Anyone else a fan of the series?

Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3
Org Profile

Re: Negima is ending :(

Post by Cross/fade » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:37 pm

ME !!! MEE !!!

I still consider Negi vs. Rakan fight as one of the coolest manga fights ever. It was a nice ride.

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 pm

I used to read these all the time, but for one reason or another dropped it at some point. Now that there's an end in sight, maybe I'll have to catch up.
Image Image

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:26 am

I seriously wish that they would just redo the whole anime, I saw the old series and I can understand that the manga may have been a bit too much nudity (girls getting their clothes blown off every other chapter) to do a direct transfer to anime, but there were so many awesome fight scenes in the series, those alone would have gotten a huge audience. The recent OVA's have been doing a good job with showing the early scenes in the other world but there's so much juicy stuff they skipped over, gah.

Maybe some day they'll redo it right, they did remakes of full metal alchemist, hellsing and hunter x hunter and will be releasing the remake of berserk next season (completely amped about that). so maybe they'll do the same with this series

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue May 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Haven't read any of the manga, so i don't know how bad it really is, but direct to disc shows with gratuitous amounts of blatant fanservice have been far more common in recent years than in the past. However, something of any significant length (i'd assume 50+ or 100+ episodes to cover the whole thing) wouldn't survive in that sort of market. Also really depends on the age range of their target audience. Don't want to get too sketchy, or you alienate your fans.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General Anime”