The Worst Intro/Ending...

Wave_Master_Tsukasa213
Org Profile

Yugioh

Post by Wave_Master_Tsukasa213 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:06 pm

I gotta say that the opening and ending for Yu-Gi-Oh isn't all that great they need songs like the jap verisons and something new with the videos they have. If u get what im trying to say.
If Your Lost In Your Way
Deep In An Awsome Story
Now, Don't Be Doubt And Stray
Cling To Your Lonesome Folly

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:09 pm

intro- Crest of the Stars, I'm watching it on TechTV and I'm really surprised they didn't dub it, only left it subbed. It's sort of just a preview of what you'll see, but I just skip it... and if I didn't record every episode than watch it than I'd go <i>crazy</i> not that it's japanese... it's just that the narator is the MOST dramatic japanese I've ever heard!!!! It's funny acturally, the first time, like a car salesman he's CCCRRRRRAAAAAZZZZYYYYY!

end- Excel Saga (subbed), Wat the hell is she saying???? honestly I (NOBODY) CAN'T read that fast! and the background is just that Fox interactive-wanabee pic it's boring! At least have pics of the next ep like the rest... now at least they dubbed it.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:27 am

Knowname wrote: end- Excel Saga (subbed), Wat the hell is she saying???? honestly I (NOBODY) CAN'T read that fast! and the background is just that Fox interactive-wanabee pic it's boring! At least have pics of the next ep like the rest... now at least they dubbed it.
Dude, that's the next ep preview, not the ending sequence. And the fast talking is, of course, intended to be somewhat obnoxious and humorous.

BTW, I can read that fast :P I'm a sick bastard. I rarely have to pause to read the Vid Notes. :twisted:
BTW, I love what they did on the newspaper in the beginning of episode 7. It has a part that says "You really shouldn't pause the video so much just to read stuff." :lol:
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Dice Demon
Org Profile

Post by Dice Demon » Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:37 pm

Everything about YGO's dub sucks.. it's no surprise. It's as bad, if not worse than CCS.

Warriors (YGO's 5th JPN Opening) > j00

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:48 pm

Garylisk wrote:Dude, that's the next ep preview, not the ending sequence. And the fast talking is, of course, intended to be somewhat obnoxious and humorous.

BTW, I can read that fast :P I'm a sick bastard. I rarely have to pause to read the Vid Notes. :twisted:
BTW, I love what they did on the newspaper in the beginning of episode 7. It has a part that says "You really shouldn't pause the video so much just to read stuff." :lol:
lol yeah I'll be watching it again when I get the last 2 dvds (didn't notice that in the fansubs though -heh) worse 'true ending song sequence- one that I bothered to watch and remember' would be fry me to the moon, it has little to do with Eva... cept when Kaji s---ed Misato and that's only cuz that song was playing in the background.

Toecutter
Org Profile

Post by Toecutter » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:03 am

I was just watching "The Big O" on Adult Swim. They finally ran the original opening, and I have to say, it is even worse than "Tekkaman Blade II". Both the animation and song are just really crappy.
GoatMan
was here!

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:35 am

I thought that opening for Soul Taker was utterly annoying. Heck, that show is supposed to look surrealistic and creepy, and the opening lyrics chanted "Soul Taker".

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:11 pm

Bad dub openings:
Escaflowne(Oh god! ><)
Card Captor Sakura(Double "oh God!")
Yu-Gi-Oh
DBZ
Big O

Bad Japanese intros:
CCS(it was just..boring)
DBZ(Hate hate hate...)
.hack//SIGN(What? that was in english? Could've fooled me >.>)

Bad Japanese endings:
Can't think of any at the moment...
Give me some time to hink on it, and I'll have a buttload...

Ah, here's one. Sailor Moon. Just plain annoying.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Kill_You
Org Profile

Post by Kill_You » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:29 pm

Sailor Moon had beyond horrible opening songs for the dub. The original Jap songs were not as bad.
They also killed the YGO opening and endings. I think they had some great Jap music. Stupid dubbers.
And the opening to CCS. >_~
Evangelion's Fly me to the moon ending. *shudder*
There are a lot of other horrible openings and endings but ehhh don't really wanna name 'em all I just did ones off the top of my head.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:30 am

Actually, considering how bad it COULD have been, Pioneer did great work with the Sailor Moon dub opening.
I mean really...
Atleast it wasn't the constant repeating of the anime name like Escaflowne, CCS, Metabots, Digimon, DBZ, and Big O.
... I actually like the dubbed Sailor Moon opening...
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Return to “General Anime”