The Idiots Guide to Vegas

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
yunaheartilly
Org Profile

Re: The Idiots Guide to Vegas

Post by yunaheartilly » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:17 pm

nvm Auto ripple did the job :D
Thank you guys for this wonderful guide!

Tabin25
Org Profile

Post by Tabin25 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:53 pm

How do I drag in a .avi file so that I can start experimenting around with it? It keeps complaining every time I try to.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:27 am

Tabin25 wrote:How do I drag in a .avi file so that I can start experimenting around with it? It keeps complaining every time I try to.
Is the avi lossless as explained in this guide? Vegas doesn't have to accept DivX/XviD .avi and even if it will, it will probably be buggy.

Tabin25
Org Profile

Post by Tabin25 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:49 pm

What program should I use instead to edit .avi files?

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:03 am

Tabin25 wrote:What program should I use instead to edit .avi files?
Use Avisynth to convert any file you have (mkv, mp4, avi) to a lossless avi, then import it to Vegas.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 am

Unless you have a LOT of hard drive space (and that IS more likely these days), just convert CLIPS that you want to use to lossless, then import those.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Tabin25
Org Profile

Post by Tabin25 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:01 pm

1. How do I put a .avi or .mkv video up to edit in the program? In WMM you just drag the file over but it seems a lot more complicated here.

2. How do I copy and cut material from said files? (let's say I have episode one of "random anime" and I want to copy the opening and save it for later usage)

3. How do I paste in new materials? (like say, a video from the internet or a piece of copied material from within a .avi file like earlier said opening)

4. Can I save the files as .avi files or .mkv or will Vegas Pro (I'm using Vegas Pro 12.0) force me to use something else?

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Tabin25 wrote:1. How do I put a .avi or .mkv video up to edit in the program? In WMM you just drag the file over but it seems a lot more complicated here.

2. How do I copy and cut material from said files? (let's say I have episode one of "random anime" and I want to copy the opening and save it for later usage)

3. How do I paste in new materials? (like say, a video from the internet or a piece of copied material from within a .avi file like earlier said opening)

4. Can I save the files as .avi files or .mkv or will Vegas Pro (I'm using Vegas Pro 12.0) force me to use something else?
Have you even tried to read the guide? There are answers for all of your questions.

Tabin25
Org Profile

Post by Tabin25 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Ah, I'll study it in depth tomorrow. If I'm still lost, I'll ask again. :) (I'm just a little intimidated by all the info, still new at this)

Tabin25
Org Profile

Post by Tabin25 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:39 pm

I'm a little ways through.

How do I use avisynth and where do I download it?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/?source=dlp

I don't seem to get anything from this download except something that sends me back online to download it again. I have no idea where to find it or how to open it when I set it up.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”