The Idiots Guide to Vegas

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Ghet
Org Profile

Re: The Idiots Guide to Vegas

Post by Ghet » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Kumatora wrote:For some reason, I've been having trouble with Vegas. I've started on a Death Note AMV and for some reason, black bars appear on the sides in Vegas 6, or some other color. However, in VDub and DGIndex, the bars don't show up. Also, when I rendered the video to see if the bars were there, I got something much worse: The video is black and white, slanted, and one part of the video is on the wrong side.

What do I do to fix this.
the first one is probably an issue with the project settings, you need to set your project to be in your source's native resolution.
the second problem.... im not quite sure, might have to do with what youre exporting as. sounds like a fucking cool effect though .-.

lynit
Org Profile

Post by lynit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi.

I'm editing right now, and the situation is calling for a dual footage situation.
Anyway, I'm trying to have two tiny boxes of footage playing, sort of like in this video (except without 4, just 2). I attempted to do it based on Ladymercury's method posted eons back.

However, it doesn't resize the footage to make small enough to fit, it just works on a certain area of the footage.
Does anyone know the proper solution?

Also, I imported an image with a resolution size of 397x675 and it goes right into the center of the video. I'd like to move it to the right, however the Video Pan/Crop features can't move it and if I deselect the aspect ratio option then I can move it but then it looks squashy and ugly. How can I resolve this?
<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.

Sayoria
Org Profile

Post by Sayoria » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:46 am

Okay, I got a question. Is there any way to turn a video that is Standard resolution into Wide Screen?....or, 4:3 into 16:9?

prYzm
Org Profile

Post by prYzm » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:25 pm

lynit wrote:Hi.

I'm editing right now, and the situation is calling for a dual footage situation.
Anyway, I'm trying to have two tiny boxes of footage playing, sort of like in this video (except without 4, just 2). I attempted to do it based on Ladymercury's method posted eons back.

However, it doesn't resize the footage to make small enough to fit, it just works on a certain area of the footage.
Does anyone know the proper solution?

Also, I imported an image with a resolution size of 397x675 and it goes right into the center of the video. I'd like to move it to the right, however the Video Pan/Crop features can't move it and if I deselect the aspect ratio option then I can move it but then it looks squashy and ugly. How can I resolve this?

the multi boxes can easily be done by using the pan/crop tool, just increase the size of ur focus so that the image gets smaller then move the focus around. i use vegas 6 but i dont believe the mechanics have been changed in later versions so it should still work.

as to the pan/crop not being able to move your image - are you sure? it should just be a case of grabbing and dragging the focus around, there are a few limitations for images that are not a comparative resolution to the project settings (eg if image is widescreen and ur project is 4:3) but if it matches it should be able to be moved and manipulated normally. both of your problems should be done using the pan/crop tool. just in the case of getting multiple images on the screen shrink the image first by scaling the focus out. make sure u select 'maintain aspect ratio'.

xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Org Profile

Post by xPiikanyaa » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 am

Great guide, was a lifesaver for me, even though I have Sony Vegas 9. One thing though, is this guide for the Movie Studio version or the Pro version??? :?: :?:

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Pro, technically. However, they function so similarly that you could learn Movie Studio with this guide. Movie Studio would just have a few limitations that Pro doesn't have, such as limited video tracks and no masking.
... yea ...

yoshimetsuX
Org Profile

Post by yoshimetsuX » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:31 am

I just switched from Adobe Premiere to Sony Vegas recently, so this was pretty helpful in explaining a few technical features i was wondering about.

Barbossa
Org Profile

Post by Barbossa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:20 pm

I have a question for Vegas users out there. Though, I have a funny feeling it has been asked already. Ah well, onto my question.

Sometimes, some clips that I use during the making of my videos go offline for no reason, and in most cases a solid red colour is visible on the clip's picture in the timeline. Does anyone know why this might be happening? When I reload Vegas, the clips return to normal. But I'm just wondering why this happens to me sometimes, especially since I upgraded to Vista.

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:14 am

Barbossa wrote:I have a question for Vegas users out there. Though, I have a funny feeling it has been asked already. Ah well, onto my question.

Sometimes, some clips that I use during the making of my videos go offline for no reason, and in most cases a solid red colour is visible on the clip's picture in the timeline. Does anyone know why this might be happening? When I reload Vegas, the clips return to normal. But I'm just wondering why this happens to me sometimes, especially since I upgraded to Vista.
Odd,Never seen that happens to me :shock:

Barbossa
Org Profile

Post by Barbossa » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:36 am

It happens less often now that I've downloaded a better MPEG decoder. But still, it'll be handy if I had a reason for this oddity.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”