Vegas Pro 15 - Best Render Settings?

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
l_Tic-Tac_l
Org Profile

Vegas Pro 15 - Best Render Settings?

Post by l_Tic-Tac_l » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:00 am

Hey guys, sort of a noob, I was just hoping someone could suggest what’s wrong with my current settings (which I will link below) or dish me better settings for vegas rendering. Looks fine straight out of vegas, but its sort of dark and grainy once its hits YouTube imo, just trying to figure out where along the editing line I’m going wrong!

Here’s what I’m using currently:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H4mVy ... rKfBMvL95T

-Clips are 10 Bit 1920x1080.mkv converted to mp4 (converted it initially to AVI, vegas obviously wouldn’t run, didn’t know what codec pack to look for to fix the problem)

Final noob question:
Is AviSynth a necessary part of the rendering process?

I had a quick flick through the forum for any similar threads, they all seemed a little outdated or maybe I just missed em, so apologies if this is a repeat. I read the rules quite thoroughly, but there was a lot to process, so if this violates any rules, more apologies :'(.
I really want to learn, so any help would be appreciated! ^-^

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Vegas Pro 15 - Best Render Settings?

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:33 am

In your Project Properties, you should change your field order to "None (Progressive Scan)"

Then in your render settings, you should start off with a "Videos for Windows (AVI)" template. Then customize that template to look like the image below. The first thing that you'll need to do to get these settings is to download a lossless codec like lagarith or UtVideo. I tend to stick with Lagarith, but both of them are included in the AMVPack here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=121948

Then once you render out your lossless AVI, you'll need to encode it with AMVTool (which is also included with AMVPack).

l_Tic-Tac_l
Org Profile

Post by l_Tic-Tac_l » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:56 am

Awesome, thanks for the reply man ^-^
Have rendered out the lossless AVI now, so with the AMVtool I'm doing this yeah? Lossless AVI->Lossy Mp4.
Do I need to adjust any of the default settings? And this AMVtool similar to the Zarx plugin?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:20 am

l_Tic-Tac_l wrote:Awesome, thanks for the reply man ^-^
Have rendered out the lossless AVI now, so with the AMVtool I'm doing this yeah? Lossless AVI->Lossy Mp4.
Do I need to adjust any of the default settings? And this AMVtool similar to the Zarx plugin?
yep. AMVTool is pretty much a new and improved version of Zarx. The default settings should be all that you need

l_Tic-Tac_l
Org Profile

Post by l_Tic-Tac_l » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:25 am

So I did some testing and just have some final questions, if you don't mind? xD.
In the link below, the left pic is using the original settings I had (except with the field order corrected as you told me), and the right is rendering out the lossless avi then encoding with the AMVtool. If the lossless AVI+encoding is the way that most people do it, how do they avoid the colour from looking faded as in this example?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wh8_3 ... c5PFBKcMtn

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:39 am

I don't really see a difference between the 2. But if you feel that there's a change in the colors, you can try using the UT Video codec instead of lagarith. The UT Video codec is also in the AMVPack

l_Tic-Tac_l
Org Profile

Post by l_Tic-Tac_l » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:31 am

Alrighty, will do some more experimenting, thanks for your help man! ^-^
Feel free to close the thread if you want.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”