Sony vegas pro 13 preview lag

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
destroyer437
Org Profile

Sony vegas pro 13 preview lag

Post by destroyer437 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:37 pm

i was working on amv earlier and my preview screen started to lag for some reason. Ik what some of you are going to say "is it my computer" no it isnt i never had an issue before today. i tried all of the different settings of trying to help reduce the lag but nothing worked. if any one has had a similar issue please let me and how did you fix it because its driving me crazy.

my rig:
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 445
Regor 45nm Technology 2.8 GHz
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
ASRock A785GM-LE (CPUSocket)
Graphics
SDM-HS75P (1280x1024@60Hz)
DELL E172FP (1280x1024@60Hz)
512MB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (EVGA)
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AACS-07G8B0 ATA Device (SATA)
74GB Western Digital WDC WD800JD-00HKA0 ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S ATA Device
DiscSoft Virtual SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Lenovo Y Gaming Surround Sound Headset

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Sony vegas pro 13 preview lag

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:20 pm

If you lower your preview settings to "good - half", then that should be enough to reduce the lag and still display your footage at a decent quality. If it still lags after that, then its probably your footage. Mp4s are harder for your computer to process and will cause your computer to lag if you aren't using a very powerful machine. Since you only have 4gb of memory, and a ok processor, you should consider converting your footage to lossless AVIs. They take up a lot more space, but they require significantly less processing power to preview.

More information about that can be found here: https://pixelblended.com/amv101/en/prep ... e/mkv-mp4/

If you're already using AVIs, and you have your preview window set to a lower setting, then they you could try upgrading your computer or switching to a more powerful one.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”