Interlacing on Render

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
tayuyashoujo
Org Profile

Interlacing on Render

Post by tayuyashoujo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:42 pm

Pretty sure I'm missing something really simple because I understand jack shit about codecs, but I'm losing my mind so here goes.
Program is Sony Vegas 8.

I was recently forced to upgrade to Windows 10 and had all my preferences reset, and since then I haven't been able to render in lossless avi wtihout really bad interlacing. At first I thought it was the footage, but it's happening with ALL footage, including clips I'd cut and prepared before the upgrade. I've tried comparing settings on my laptop and desktop (where I'm having the problem) but I haven't found any differences other than the version of AMVpack installed.

Filtering after the render has varied success, but that's side-stepping the issue in the first place.

Interlacing (looks more like ghosting on some displays, but disable resample is enabled and framerates match so I don't think that's it):
Spoiler :
Render settings:
Spoiler :
If someone could please enlighten me on why this happening I'd be eternally grateful.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Interlacing on Render

Post by Mol » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:42 pm

fields order :progressive :shrug:
Still better than that MMO.

tayuyashoujo
Org Profile

Re: Interlacing on Render

Post by tayuyashoujo » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:36 pm

Well I'll be damned. Thank you :beer: