Vegas 13

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
fields19892000
Org Profile

Vegas 13

Post by fields19892000 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:19 pm

Hey guys I'm trying to upload videos onto Vegas pro 13 and have been running into a ton of issues I was finally able to fix a few but my main issue I'm running into is after I convert my media file to MP4 from the MKV it keeps telling me that I need QuickTime so I get that but Vegas is saying the same thing does anyone got any ideas?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Vegas 13

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:35 am

What codec is inside the mkv and what are you using to convert the files?

Simply said, you are missing some codecs. I'd avoid QuickTime if possible and go with KCP and such.

fields19892000
Org Profile

Post by fields19892000 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:25 pm

I used VLC to convert the MKV to MP4. I just downloaded the KCP and am still having the same issues for both MKV and MP4. But now for both all it says can not open file and that it may be corrupted which i know its not.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:05 am

fields19892000 wrote:I used VLC to convert the MKV to MP4.
Okay, simple question - what exactly are you trying to achieve and what you did so far? ^^

As for myself, I wouldn't recommend using any VLC or other converters where you can't see into what they are really doing. Can screw files up and you don't know where it happened or what happened. If you are preparing footage, go with either VirtualDub and converting to lossless, or at least with ZarxGUI and lossless mp4 - both are in guides and you have a lot more control over what you do.

fields19892000
Org Profile

Post by fields19892000 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:17 pm

Well I want to start practicing making AMVs again and so far i have gained a expansive library of raw animes so i dont have to worry about subtitles to much and i was hoping to use Vegas Pro to make my videos. Tried both Zan and virtual dub neither is doing what i need it to to let vegas pro do the editing. All vegas pro is telling me that the file can not be opened.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:08 pm

I'd check the guides first and try out the lossless encoding first, UTVideo, likely (it's linked to in the guide): http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/

Check if it works. If you lack storage, there's subclipping and frameserving, but having it working first is the most important, obviously :)

fields19892000
Org Profile

Post by fields19892000 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:55 pm

I am following the forums but I'm still running into a lot of problems for one the test isn't working and the troubleshooting guide isn't listing the problem I'm running into so I'm trying to figure it out ill continue working with everything but everything is not looking bright but i will let you know. If you might know what this might mean "The procedure entry point RunDIIW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe"
That's the main warning popping up from the AMVapp. I'm going to keep troubleshooting it on my side but so far i have had no luck Ive been working it for about 2 hours now and no luck. I followed the forum on the instillation so I'm not sure.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:32 am

Is this relevant to your case? http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... w=previous

Also I am sorry, but I apparently linked you the old version, there's a link on top of it, that leads to a newer version - it might fix your problem (I think it was cause by 64-bit architecture): http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/

Simply said, if something doesn't work, try to get an updated version of it, it's likely to help.

fields19892000
Org Profile

Post by fields19892000 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Ok I installed what i need and all of this should work with the vegas pro correct or is there a actual application in one of them. Also do you know of any place i can get something to convert mkv files to usable media files?

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:49 am

fields19892000 wrote:Ok I installed what i need and all of this should work with the vegas pro correct or is there a actual application in one of them. Also do you know of any place i can get something to convert mkv files to usable media files?
You can convert mkv using Avisynth and VirtualDub as described in the guides.

Honestly, the essential things with which you can start editing are as follows:
Preparing footage: Avisynth + Avisynth filters (because of new codecs) + VirtualDUb + UTVideo codec. Recommended is AvsP to make work with Avisynth easier.
Editing and rendering: Editor (in your case Vegas) + UTVideo codec
Encoding: Avisynth + ZarxGUI

That is the barebone core, just hope I didn't forget anything.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”