Minimized Preview Window [SV8]

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
tayuyashoujo
Org Profile

Minimized Preview Window [SV8]

Post by tayuyashoujo » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:25 pm

Lately whenever I open a file in trimmer, my preview window shrinks. The only way I've found to return it back to it's original size is to remove all footage from the trimmer, or restart the program, but the problem persists any time I use the trimmer so those "fixes" are pretty pointless.
Spoiler :
It's not a huge problem, but it does make editing mildly annoying when my preview window is half the size it should be. Hopefully I'm just missing some really easy solution.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Minimized Preview Window [SV8]

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:14 pm

It seems you placed the trimmer to the wrong spot somehow. You can either drag it out (on its left grab it by the dots and place it outside - you can keep it as a separate window, even, I usually do that) or if it doesn't help and you're still stuck, you can always reset your window settings to default by going to View => Window Layout => Default layout and then arrange it to your liking anew.

Once you find a layout you like, you can save it under View => Window Layout => Save Layout (As...) and then you can load it anytime you want (or anytime you break it by accident).

tayuyashoujo
Org Profile

Re: Minimized Preview Window [SV8]

Post by tayuyashoujo » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:51 pm

My layout is already the default. I reset it to be sure, but my trimmer window has always been where it currently is and the only changes I've made to the layout as a whole are minor changes to the size of each section (which has no effect on my issue). Though while fiddling with that I seem to have found that by making the trimmer preview smaller (and the trimmer timeline larger) it reset my preview window back to it's original size, so problem inadvertently solved...I guess?

I also didn't know about saving personalized layouts, so thanks for the tip!

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”