Masking Question - flying into other objects

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Kaijukun
Org Profile

Masking Question - flying into other objects

Post by Kaijukun » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:22 pm

Hello!

I have a question about masking. I have done some basic eye transitions (zooming into an eye, then masking it in negative mode to fly into something else), but I'm wondering if there's any way to do something similar with other objects.

One idea I have is using the ball of fire the character generates, zooming into it, then creating a mask to fly through the ball into a related scene. Is something like this possible? I played around with mask settings for a while to figure it out, but I don't think I'm experienced enough, specifically regarding masking an already zoomed-in object (I don't know what area of the video is zoomed in, so I can't mask it effectively).

Basically, I want to fly through something (like the idea above), but have limited masking experience, so I'm not quite sure how to do so. I have performed eye transitions, but I'm not sure how to translate that into other objects. If any more clarification is needed, I can provide it. Thanks everyone!

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Masking Question - flying into other objects

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:49 am

Yes, it should be possible, the mask will just be more complicated, but it should still be possible.

You might also want to look into / play with Chroma keyer - it seems like you are aiming for masking a color, where it can be useful and can save some work.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”