Sony Vegas is Crashing! Zarx264gui mp4s are not working!

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
OtakuGray
I understoop!
Org Profile

Sony Vegas is Crashing! Zarx264gui mp4s are not working!

Post by OtakuGray » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:53 pm

Alright, so I've got a lot of lossless rips that I wanted to compress to mp4 so that way they wouldn't take up so much room on my computer. I'm taking up an entire terabyte with the amount of anime on my harddrive atm so it would really be nice to have more space.

I decided to start with FMA Brotherhood, and so I slapped Episode 22 into Zarx and let it compress the file.

So I have my file and I tried to put it into Vegas. Only problem is...it crashed! This is the error:

I did some googling and couldn't really find a fix. It looks like an issue with the mcmp4plug.dll file but I'm not really sure why? Maybe the container type? I have Quicktime and I have all the basic codecs from amvapp installed. (I'm not using 3.0 though, I'm using the older one) I know about AAC issues but my clips have no audio, so I thought that might not be the issue.

If anyone knows a fix or can offer some help, it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks!
godix wrote:Like this one amv. It was all like woosh, zoom with effects. And I was all like whoa awesome. Then that guitar thingies popped up and went dun dun DUN dun then those box thingies went zooming by and twirling around and shit. Oh god, then the hexagons popped up and I was like 'I just got a stiffie'. Then there was the circle with those thingies going around and I blew my load.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Sony Vegas is Crashing! Zarx264gui mp4s are not working!

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:31 am

What settings did you use in ZarxGUI? Did you make a lossless?

Seems like some mp4 plugin of Vegas fault, though. I would go first for some codec check (Which codecs / pack do you use? Can you play the mp4 in your player, for example?) and if it turns it's okay, it might be outdated Vegas - a reinstall or newer version might help there.

OtakuGray
I understoop!
Org Profile

Post by OtakuGray » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:23 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:What settings did you use in ZarxGUI? Did you make a lossless?.
It was a Lagarith dvd rip and then I imported into Zarx with the "Avisynth AVIsource" option. I set the quantizer to 21 instead of 20 and that's about all I did.

Nya-chan Production wrote:(Which codecs / pack do you use? Can you play the mp4 in your player, for example?)
I can play it in VLC and I can play it in windows media player just fine. I have all the default amvapp codecs and I have the quicktime codecs(which I've been told by the internet are important for vegas) I think I have some xvid codecs which are for vegas so it can open .avi files.

I don't have anything messy like the K-Lite pack installed.
Nya-chan Production wrote:It might be outdated Vegas - a reinstall or newer version might help there.
I was really hoping I wouldn't have to upgrade lol :( I can't stand the newer versions of Vegas. I tried replacing the Vegas 8 mcmp4plug.dll file with the Vegas 9 .dll file and it didn't change anything, so I don't know if a re-install would be any more effective.

Thanks for your help though, Nya! I'll try and find a program that can list the codecs I'm using.
godix wrote:Like this one amv. It was all like woosh, zoom with effects. And I was all like whoa awesome. Then that guitar thingies popped up and went dun dun DUN dun then those box thingies went zooming by and twirling around and shit. Oh god, then the hexagons popped up and I was like 'I just got a stiffie'. Then there was the circle with those thingies going around and I blew my load.

OtakuGray
I understoop!
Org Profile

Post by OtakuGray » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:28 pm

Here's a list of my codecs:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:31 am

OtakuGray wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:What settings did you use in ZarxGUI? Did you make a lossless?.
It was a Lagarith dvd rip and then I imported into Zarx with the "Avisynth AVIsource" option. I set the quantizer to 21 instead of 20 and that's about all I did.
I think this is the problem? This doesn't produce lossless, I think (nothing in ZarxGUI really does). You can try checking a "keep keyframes" option (hope I remember it right) or try to make lossless some other way (avisynth + VDub). Anyway, the thing you import to Vegas should be .avi, not .mp4 (should avoid you all the troubles mp4s can make). It will probably have bigger filesize, you can subclip, though.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”