2 questions

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
ShatteredFoX
Org Profile

2 questions

Post by ShatteredFoX » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:38 pm

1.) My first problem is in my haste I setted up a project without giving much look at how it's setup. (it usually remembers the same setup I usually did last time.) However this time(about 35 seconds into the project I noticed that it's 1280x720x32, 23.976i rather than 23.976p.) My question is if I were to render my file as a 23.976p would it be fine or would it still cause problems.

If so is there any way to carry over the work I've done on this .veg onto a new project file. If not oh well, guess I would have to start over XD.

2.) Is there any way to fade in at the end of a clip? I can't seem to do this so I've been defaulting to a Macgyver method of simply cutting every keyframe and increasing the opacity by 3%.

Thank you in advance.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: 2 questions

Post by AimoAio » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:56 am

1. You can change your project settings anytime you want during the project if you go to File -->Properties. Or ALT + Enter should work too.

2. Um I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but try making a cut on the media where you want to start fading in and then click and drag the left corner of that media and it'll create a fade envelope.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:40 pm

2) .. you can fade in/out at any time. The fading process only stops when single-solid image is
in place. The envelope can continue until you tell it to "not fade anymore". Most people stop fading
once that setting has been met:

ShatteredFoX
Org Profile

Post by ShatteredFoX » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Thanks you both, but the 2nd question was bad wording on my part but I figured it out lol. Yet again thanks (especially on question #1)

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”