Copying Events Between Two Projects

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
kapparomeo
Org Profile

Copying Events Between Two Projects

Post by kapparomeo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:34 am

Rather than copying and pasting within a single project, I would like to copy a series of events from one project file and paste them into a different project. Simply ctrl+c in one project and ctrl+v in the other doesn't work, sadly. While I could simply remake the relevant sequence in the new project, it is a substantial amount of duplicate work so I don't want to if I don't have to. Short of actually making a video of the first project and then putting that directly in the second, is there any 'Vegas clipboard' or similar function that will let me copy and paste between projects?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Copying Events Between Two Projects

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:55 am

kapparomeo wrote:Rather than copying and pasting within a single project, I would like to copy a series of events from one project file and paste them into a different project. Simply ctrl+c in one project and ctrl+v in the other doesn't work, sadly. While I could simply remake the relevant sequence in the new project, it is a substantial amount of duplicate work so I don't want to if I don't have to. Short of actually making a video of the first project and then putting that directly in the second, is there any 'Vegas clipboard' or similar function that will let me copy and paste between projects?
Try opening up two instances of Vegas, it should be possible to copy and paste between them.

kapparomeo
Org Profile

Post by kapparomeo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Yes, that did the business. Thanks for your help, Nya-chan. :)

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 pm

If the two projects are in different folders, it won't copy the files themselves, just the data into the other project. Something to remember if your backing a project up, like I do.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”