2010 VCAs - General Discussion

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: 2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Post by godix » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:34 am

Actually a Russian community member mentioned amvnews.ru which I had forgotten about to be honest. Probably a better option anyway, AKROSS always struck me as being just as elitist as the org is, although not speaking the language I could be wrong. I just went through it and it's nice they included an option for English, although you still need google translate to actually sign up and upload a video.

Anyway, that's enough OT crap from me. I'll shut up now. I still don't think Russians really influenced much in the VCAs though.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:52 am

Thought the AMVs in AKROSS seem fresher to more people's minds consider those two contests occur so close together in terms of premiere dates. Even I have a hard time remembering the "solid" AMVs in the beginning of 2009 or any from the major U.S. cons where the AMVs are prominent like AWA, Otakon, and ACen.
ImageImage

Gaurry
Org Profile

Post by Gaurry » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:56 am

angelx03 wrote:Thought the AMVs in AKROSS seem fresher to more people's minds consider those two contests occur so close together in terms of premiere dates. Even I have a hard time remembering the "solid" AMVs in the beginning of 2009 or any from the major U.S. cons where the AMVs are prominent like AWA, Otakon, and ACen.
Best Action Video
De:Light - Aggressor
Premiere date - 18.04.2009

Video of the Year
Ian Fleming's Property of a Lady - qwaqa
Premiere date - 11.08.2009

Best Dramatic Video
Time - qwaqa
Premiere date - 03.04.2009

etc

fresher?)

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:57 am

LittleAtari wrote:What probably helped the Russians quite a bit is that most of them are on at least two websites for amvs. If you're actively uploading to multiple websites, you're going to have a bigger audience. So maybe we should start uploading to Akross, AMVNews, etc. It does help with these competitions.
I've noticed if they like a video it will be uploaded there for you ... chances are your videos (at at least a few) are already on their site(s). :amv:

Just an example: http://amvnews.ru/index.php?go=Files&id ... iew#stream

I never posted it there ... me no speaky Russian. :book:

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:12 am

JudgeHolden wrote:
LittleAtari wrote:What probably helped the Russians quite a bit is that most of them are on at least two websites for amvs. If you're actively uploading to multiple websites, you're going to have a bigger audience. So maybe we should start uploading to Akross, AMVNews, etc. It does help with these competitions.
I've noticed if they like a video it will be uploaded there for you ... chances are your videos (at at least a few) are already on their site(s). :amv:

Just an example: http://amvnews.ru/index.php?go=Files&id ... iew#stream

I never posted it there ... me no speaky Russian. :book:
True... I found my finalist vid on the site today :o
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:18 am

/jealous and sad

;____;

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:11 pm

Booring...most of results were obvious...
-_-

Aggressor
Org Profile

Post by Aggressor » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Knowname wrote:yeah some campaigning on your part would have been nice.
"Campaing is an organized effort which seeks to influence the decision making process within a specific group" ©
I didn't seek to influence anybody's decisions, neither did I aim for this nomination. The fact that I was able to win without any campaing reflects how many people appreciate my work, and that makes me really sentimental. So I won't forgive you if you say I'm not good enough to be most helpful. I don't mind you saying I didn't deserve any other nomination though 8-)

The main point why Russians vote for Russians is not "nationality" or other crap (well, there are some freaks in our community who vote only for Russians but I'm sure any other community like French has those types too), the reason is our value system differs from yours a bit. What we think is a good vid you may think as "wtf?", and vise versa. The only way to neglect that is not to be competitive communities, but friends instead. The more we integrate the less differences will remain, you'll learn from us and we'll learn from you. And maybe on next VCA our votes will be identical. That's it.
P.S.: If you don't understand something on Akross or AMVnews — just post on the forum there in English, and we will definitely help you.

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Techno in AMV's is epic fail.

Bote
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”