2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Le0
Org Profile

Re: 2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Post by Le0 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:20 am

godix wrote:I already mentioned I don't really think the Russian communities zergrushed the VCAs, but it is interesting to note how many Russians are posting in this topic who have never had anything to do with the org before...
It's either a conspiracy or someone just posted about the drama on some russian amv site.
mirkosp wrote: Technically speaking, checking numbers on amvnews, the russian community has about 27k users. Org has about 812k users, so org is the bigger community out of the two.
Which proves that Aggr couldn't have won without the votes from .org community, isn't it?
mirkosp wrote:Hence, if that is your definition of most helpful, then you should have voted for someone helpful on the org.
I vote for the one most helpful to me personaly, and so does everyone else (i hope).
mirkosp wrote:It's not how many people you can help, but how much you help them.
[/quote]
I think it's both.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:28 am

Le0 wrote:
mirkosp wrote: Technically speaking, checking numbers on amvnews, the russian community has about 27k users. Org has about 812k users, so org is the bigger community out of the two.
Which proves that Aggr couldn't have won without the votes from .org community, isn't it?
Not really...

Where are those voting stats? :>

I still blame non-voting ppl.

VCAs - more srs bsnss than politics :amv:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:55 am

Le0 wrote:
Well, in that 812k count there are a lot of inactive users and ones that don't care about vcas, admittedly. :P
mirkosp wrote:Hence, if that is your definition of most helpful, then you should have voted for someone helpful on the org.
I vote for the one most helpful to me personaly, and so does everyone else (i hope).
And that is fine. As I said I have absolutely nothing against Aggressor winning since I know he's been helpful in his community. I was just a bit dumbfounded with your earlier definition of "most helpful," that's all. :wink:
mirkosp wrote:It's not how many people you can help, but how much you help them.
I think it's both.
Well true enough, although amount of members you can help has importance until a certain point anyway. Of course, it's not the same thing helping out in a ~100 members community vs 100k members, but once you are over 10k members it's just about how much you ultimately went out of your way, I guess. :P

Lirinis
Org Profile

Post by Lirinis » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:58 am

mirkosp wrote:http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/p ... &p=1301456
"Helpful in bigger community" as in "helpful to more people" as in "most helpful", amirite?
Technically speaking, checking numbers on amvnews, the russian community has about 27k users. Org has about 812k users, so org is the bigger community out of the two. [/quote]
Monthly audience of amvnews is only about 6500, actually.
And my estimation based on a last year poll and on a year before last poll is that less than 100 people from Akross and AMVNews voted on the VCAs.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:02 am

Aggressor is the most helpful member. It's absolutely right! AMVSimple is great soft for creating. On .org I must download 60Mb for one AMV. Just use amvsimple, say thants to aggressor..
Uhm... please blame the people who don't use "our" encoding method aka ZarxGUI. Actually it's more or less our own community encoder, because no one else presented his encoder here.

The language barrier sucks. I would like to do way more than just uploading my vids on AKROSS and download some vids from the site.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:12 am

Bauzi wrote:The language barrier sucks. I would like to do way more than just uploading my vids on AKROSS and download some vids from the site.
It does suck. But you're doing better than I am. I haven't even bothered trying to figure out how to upload a vid to the russian community. Which is kinda annoying since I made a video using a Russian audio song and would be interested in what their reaction is, but damned language barriers.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:18 am

godix wrote:
Bauzi wrote:The language barrier sucks. I would like to do way more than just uploading my vids on AKROSS and download some vids from the site.
It does suck. But you're doing better than I am. I haven't even bothered trying to figure out how to upload a vid to the russian community. Which is kinda annoying since I made a video using a Russian audio song and would be interested in what their reaction is, but damned language barriers.
I don't think it's too hard with the help of babelfish and common internet experience. Oh there is an english version of AKROSS too, but I miss an english speaking corner of those sites for some discussions :|
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Gaurry
Org Profile

Post by Gaurry » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:15 am

Find the non-russian person from .org-community, which voted for Aggressor, and ask him why he has voted for Aggressor :D

Lirinis
Org Profile

Post by Lirinis » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:26 am

Bauzi wrote:Oh there is an english version of AKROSS too, but I miss an english speaking corner of those sites for some discussions :|
I think you can just speak english in any topic, at least on amvnews, and nobody will be against it. There will be no english-speaking corner unless anybody regularly speaks english.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:31 am

Lirinis wrote:
Bauzi wrote:Oh there is an english version of AKROSS too, but I miss an english speaking corner of those sites for some discussions :|
I think you can just speak english in any topic, at least on amvnews, and nobody will be against it. There will be no english-speaking corner unless anybody regularly speaks english.
Yeah, I remember reading a thread on the forums there and some English speaker was bumbling through Russian and was told just to say it in English. Anything that you babelfish'd would probably be worse than just saying it in English.

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”