Self Promotion

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Re: Self Promotion

Post by Kyssifur » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Same to me.

When started: 3.90
Now: 3.88

And this is time when I have to say thank you for all of the voters, because Number 1 could have made the semi finals @ non-effects! I'm more than happy, and if the race continues, don't forget to support me :D
we are awesome

TheTsunami
Org Profile

Post by TheTsunami » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:05 pm

Rider4Z wrote:i'm really surprised Rival Revival actually made the semi-finals for action. but ever since it did my star average is dropping :evil: buncha biased boogers. pbbbbbbbbb :P
It is probably a fairly universal thing. Now that these videos are being singled out for the community as a whole, you are probably getting more people who are watching and rating your video because it is on a ballot rather than people who are watching and rating your video because they saw it at a con and liked it (and hence would be rating it high). My video has taken a hit of .05 itself (though I don't mind, it has received more downloads so far this month than any month since it's release, which is the point of posting the videos here...so people watch them).

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:26 pm

TsunamiX wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:i'm really surprised Rival Revival actually made the semi-finals for action. but ever since it did my star average is dropping :evil: buncha biased boogers. pbbbbbbbbb :P
It is probably a fairly universal thing. Now that these videos are being singled out for the community as a whole, you are probably getting more people who are watching and rating your video because it is on a ballot rather than people who are watching and rating your video because they saw it at a con and liked it (and hence would be rating it high). My video has taken a hit of .05 itself (though I don't mind, it has received more downloads so far this month than any month since it's release, which is the point of posting the videos here...so people watch them).
egad i applaud you for explaining that so well :awesome: i always believed that to be the case but never thought of how to ... uh.. you know.. use words and junk.... :|

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:05 am

Kyssifur wrote:Same to me.

When started: 3.90
Now: 3.88
This is the same for all of my vids and Tsunami pretty much explained it. Now there are just a lot of people who check out your vid without careing for the source used and you know that your used song is not everyones taste. This high drop still surprised me, because your vid already got a lot of attention. Mine didn't had so much of it and that's why I'm not surprised that this new star rateings have so much weigth. In the end my vid almost got 50% of all it's hits during the vca.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:46 am

Most vids start off with a higher average than they end up. Until it has at least 100 stars the average doesn't really mean much at all. Plus a lot of people just give 3's regardless, especially around VCA time when they run into that 10 unrated video limit more often because they're watching all the VCA vids.

Nunchuck
Org Profile

Post by Nunchuck » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Best Use of Instrumental Music !! :3

Neverend
The cockpuncher
Org Profile

Post by Neverend » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 pm

CHAAARLIEEE!

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:43 am

No wai.

Live made it into the finals, against qwaqa, vann-sasuke and Aggressor, for Best Drama.

I love you all.

I mean it.

MintyAMV
Org Profile

Post by MintyAMV » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:00 am

/I has no picture cause i'm lazy :up: /

Video:
Category: Drama, Romance, Other
Anime: Princess Tutu
Song: Shiroi Honoo
Artist: Origa
Creator: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=900847

/Credits fail, i know, but suck it up pl0x/

I guess this can go for any category?
I'm not entirely sure how this works since i are a nub :<
But i'm bored, so what the hell.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:04 am

It's way too late now, we're already at the final round. Better luck next year. :(

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”