Most Original Video

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Re: Most Original Video

Post by Dar » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:31 pm

This too, one of my fave videos of the year.

AikiNick
Org Profile

Post by AikiNick » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Difficult to understand, but it's very original, in my opinion.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:33 pm

AikiNick102 wrote:Difficult to understand, but it's very original, in my opinion.

Discussion!

Eh... what is original about it? Did you saw the anime? I mean THAT was original and very difficult to understand. I don't see any concept behind this video. For me it's picking up random scenes of the Genius Party part with adding fx. Even the song is instrumental, that's why there is even less chance of a deep concept due to the lack of lyrics.

I really like this video and I nominated it at some categories, but please could you elabroate the concept or storyline behind this video, because I'm not getting it at all. :|
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

hiddenninja
Org Profile

Post by hiddenninja » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Bauzi wrote:
AikiNick102 wrote:Difficult to understand, but it's very original, in my opinion.

Discussion!

Eh... what is original about it? Did you saw the anime? I mean THAT was original and very difficult to understand. I don't see any concept behind this video. For me it's picking up random scenes of the Genius Party part with adding fx. Even the song is instrumental, that's why there is even less chance of a deep concept due to the lack of lyrics.

I really like this video and I nominated it at some categories, but please could you elabroate the concept or storyline behind this video, because I'm not getting it at all. :|
Wait, are you saying that instrumental songs have no depth?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:02 pm

hiddenninja wrote:Wait, are you saying that instrumental songs have no depth?
I think he's saying that if you're using an instrumental song, then you need to pay extra attention to the scene selection and the effect use to build a proper storyline or show and understandable concept, otherwise it just seems like a random mix of scenes. Songs with lyrics make it easier to explain an idea since you have some lines to follow and whatnot, but that has nothing to do with the depth of a song. What he was saying was more editing related than audio related, really.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:52 pm

hiddenninja wrote: Wait, are you saying that instrumental songs have no depth?
No. I say that instrumental songs don't have one thing that vocal songs do: lyrics

A great helpful thing to build on concepts.

Instrumental songs still can bring up a storyline with more obvious stuff:
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”