Most Improved Editor

simofc90
Org Profile

Re: Most Improved Editor

Post by simofc90 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 pm

qyll wrote:
Code wrote:
Vivaldi wrote:While qwaqa is probably eligible for this category, I doubt he's improved the most of everyone on the org. He went from strong to really strong. Whereas there's people who went from kinda mediocre to pretty damn great.

Is he justified for this category? Sure, but I don't think he's worthy. I think he's a shoe-in for 3 or 4 major awards, and I'm pretty happy about that, but this isn't one where I see him as being a strong competitor.
Exactly my thoughts. When I think about "Most Improved", I'm thinking about somebody that started at point A and moved to point M. Qwaqa was at point V and moved to point Y. >____>
Perhaps. But then how does one explain Nostromo getting most improved last year?
circle jerk?

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:17 pm

simofc90 wrote:
qyll wrote:Perhaps. But then how does one explain Nostromo getting most improved last year?
circle jerk?
Decoy's a hexagon jerk.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
simofc90 wrote:
qyll wrote:Perhaps. But then how does one explain Nostromo getting most improved last year?
circle jerk?
Decoy's a hexagon jerk.
LOL.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:26 pm

The same thing having a "best parody" being code for "comedy 2", "best fun" being code for "dance2", and "most original" being "another video I liked and can't think of a way to say it"... either people don't take the VCAs seriously or people are fucking stupid. It's probably a big helping of both.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:28 pm

qyll wrote:
Code wrote:
Vivaldi wrote:While qwaqa is probably eligible for this category, I doubt he's improved the most of everyone on the org. He went from strong to really strong. Whereas there's people who went from kinda mediocre to pretty damn great.

Is he justified for this category? Sure, but I don't think he's worthy. I think he's a shoe-in for 3 or 4 major awards, and I'm pretty happy about that, but this isn't one where I see him as being a strong competitor.
Exactly my thoughts. When I think about "Most Improved", I'm thinking about somebody that started at point A and moved to point M. Qwaqa was at point V and moved to point Y. >____>
Perhaps. But then how does one explain Nostromo getting most improved last year?
I'm not saying what's going to happen, just what ought to happen. Heck, I really loved nostromo, and I was up in arms he made it past the first round there. (Megamom still won it in spirit t_t)
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:01 am

Holy crap, I forgot to nominate Shinnie04 for this category. This really was the year that Shinnie matured in AMV making. This year Shinnie released 3 video ranging 9 categories, one of which is an original animation, another, a well received comedy, and one of the best horror videos I've seen in a long time:

Now compare them to his releases from last year:

It's a very big difference.

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:20 am

LittleAtari wrote:Honestly, I'm going with ExSphere.
LittleAtari wrote:This really was the year that Shinnie matured in AMV making.
I'm hurt

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:40 am

ExSphere wrote:
LittleAtari wrote:Honestly, I'm going with ExSphere.
LittleAtari wrote:This really was the year that Shinnie matured in AMV making.
I'm hurt
=( jeffy you know I lub you. You've both made a lot of progress. What I really like about your videos is that they have influenced editors. We've seen a good amount of rap and hip hop videos released this year in comparison to previous years. I believe that you are a part of what started this trend. It really says a lot when someone's improvement influences other editors.

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:07 am

Mirkosp
Nya-chan
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:25 am

Vivaldi wrote:Perhaps. But then how does one explain Nostromo getting most improved last year?
I'm not saying what's going to happen, just what ought to happen. Heck, I really loved nostromo, and I was up in arms he made it past the first round there. (Megamom still won it in spirit t_t)[/quote]

:awesome:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”