Org Profile

Re: Most Improved Editor

Post by kamikadze » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:22 pm

While qwaqa is probably eligible for this category, I doubt he's improved the most of everyone on the org. He went from strong to really strong. Whereas there's people who went from kinda mediocre to pretty damn great.

Is he justified for this category? Sure, but I don't think he's worthy. I think he's a shoe-in for 3 or 4 major awards, and I'm pretty happy about that, but this isn't one where I see him as being a strong competitor.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Still though I do think there are better candidates. Sure, it's cool that the guy started out strong. And got even better. Which is obvious. But what about the people that have been working hard for longer and HAVE showed improvement? Tis exactly what I mean by my journal entry. Other people have been showing improvement left and right. But are either being ignored or just totally pushed out of the way for the "More popular videos/editors"

Kinda like you all are saying:

"Fu** the newbies. Let's vote for the same shit we have seen over and over again, and then, let's vote for the same editor again this year because he/she is great"

It's cool if you like those kinds of videos, but give other peeps a chance. I'm thinking about withdrawing my entries, cuz there is really no point in trying to compete with Nostromo, Chii, and a bunch of others, as it's nothing but a bunch of circle jerking.

I've said my piece. Out.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:47 pm

I see what you mean and...

...I just want to point out that Nostromo's nick has shown for the first time in your post in these VCAs. :book:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Vivaldi wrote:While qwaqa is probably eligible for this category, I doubt he's improved the most of everyone on the org. He went from strong to really strong. Whereas there's people who went from kinda mediocre to pretty damn great.

Is he justified for this category? Sure, but I don't think he's worthy. I think he's a shoe-in for 3 or 4 major awards, and I'm pretty happy about that, but this isn't one where I see him as being a strong competitor.
Exactly my thoughts. When I think about "Most Improved", I'm thinking about somebody that started at point A and moved to point M. Qwaqa was at point V and moved to point Y. >____>

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:54 pm

Code wrote:
Vivaldi wrote:While qwaqa is probably eligible for this category, I doubt he's improved the most of everyone on the org. He went from strong to really strong. Whereas there's people who went from kinda mediocre to pretty damn great.

Exactly my thoughts. When I think about "Most Improved", I'm thinking about somebody that started at point A and moved to point M. Qwaqa was at point V and moved to point Y. >____>
Thank you. Exactly what I was getting at. There are more deserving editors. And regardless of whether I mentioned him for the first time or not, my point still remains valid. Just saying that the Popular editors are over-rated while the least popular editors (who HAVE shown vast improvement) are Under-rated. "Circle-Jerking"

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Code wrote:

What you say is true, and is different from those that were saying that he has been on the same level for the whole time showing no improvement, which was the whole thing I was contesting. If you check I personally did not point him out for most improved, I was just contesting those that said he did not make any improvement.

@TC: I pointed out Master10k, if you're wondering, which does fit in your "least popular editors" definition...

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:08 pm

@TC: I pointed out Master10k, if you're wondering, which does fit in your "least popular editors" definition...
I saw. It's good to see someone that actually fits the description is getting mentioned.

qyll
Org Profile

Post by qyll » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Code wrote:

Perhaps. But then how does one explain Nostromo getting most improved last year?
zzz

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”