2010 VCAs - Announcements, Schedule of Events, and Feedback

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: 2010 VCAs - Announcements, Schedule of Events, and Feedback

Post by mirkosp » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:29 am

Kitsuner wrote:
Corran wrote:While I can think of other user's more deserving than myself, I was kind of curious to see if I would make it to the semi-finals for adding streaming stuff this year. I had a wtf moment when I saw Koop made semi-finals and I didn't. Then I remembered I didn't actually make a video this year even though I collab'ed on same video that made Jay eligible (Since he was the one that entered our video into the org database.)
I would have thought that everyone in the video would achieve eligibility through it.
I actually think they did.

But still, with the contest being opt-out, that would automatically make any user on the org eligible... that'd bee a 800k users list to scroll through. Perhaps it should be opt-out for those that made at least a video and/or partecipated in at least a mep/collab within the year, and opt-in for anyone else. That way users that wish to run for most helpful despite not having made any video will still be able to and we won't get a too huge of a list.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:58 am

Feedbacks

I didn't realize there was a requirement to make a video to be eligible for most helpful. That's rather retarded. To keep it from being every user in the database, perhaps just limit it to people who have actually logged into the forums within a year? After all, realistically speaking, how many people are there who would deserve a vote from being Most Helpful if they haven't logged into the forums even once that year? Assuming, of course, that an org run contest means it's categories have an unspoken 'on the org' implication. Although I prefer this idea actually: the finals for Most Helpful should just have me in it and no one else.

I mentioned it before, but just to repeat, kill Best Collab. Define Best MEP off how many editors are in it. Under that amount of editors competes in the regular video categories.

Kill Most Improved. I just glanced through several years of data, there doesn't seem to be any year within the last half a decade that Most Improved actually went to someone who improved. It is, basically, 'Contender for Editor of the Year but with a different name' anymore. Since we already have an Editor of the Year do we really need a second category for it?

Kill Best Lip-sync OR add 'Best Shatter', 'Best Star Wipe', 'Best Riot Gear', 'Best Cutout', etc. It's rather moronic to have an award for a single type of effect, especially since there is already an award for Best Effects anyway.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:24 am

x2 godix except Best Lipsync ;x

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:51 pm

godix wrote:Feedbacks

I didn't realize there was a requirement to make a video to be eligible for most helpful. That's rather retarded. To keep it from being every user in the database, perhaps just limit it to people who have actually logged into the forums within a year? After all, realistically speaking, how many people are there who would deserve a vote from being Most Helpful if they haven't logged into the forums even once that year? Assuming, of course, that an org run contest means it's categories have an unspoken 'on the org' implication. Although I prefer this idea actually: the finals for Most Helpful should just have me in it and no one else.
Agree, maybe combine it with the user search by name, that way you could search for the user you want to nominate without going through a list of 500k or whatever amount of users. And if there are more specific conditions to be met, use the other way.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Panky wrote:

Agree, maybe combine it with the user search by name, that way you could search for the user you want to nominate without going through a list of 500k or whatever amount of users. And if there are more specific conditions to be met, use the other way.
Ever tried Ctrl+F in your browser of choice? :P

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:59 pm

mirkosp wrote:
Panky wrote:

Ever tried Ctrl+F in your browser of choice? :P
Haha, tons of times. But I meant in the way that they said they did display 10k out of 500k-800k to avoid having a large amount of useless people that could get nominated, having to query all of them in the DB bringing more useless load, and if not using the control+f, an easier and quicker way to do it :P
If it were to display 800k users, it could even lag the browser like the studio list does sometimes.

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:40 pm

godix wrote:...
Kill Best Lip-sync OR add 'Best Shatter', 'Best Star Wipe', 'Best Riot Gear', 'Best Cutout', etc. It's rather moronic to have an award for a single type of effect, especially since there is already an award for Best Effects anyway.
oooh, yeah... I'm going to have to sort of disagree with you there... And if you could go ahead and not denounce the lip-sync category again... that'd be greeeeat.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”