Export from FCP to HQ x264

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Export from FCP to HQ x264

Post by Bauzi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:45 am

I think we need a sticky guide that clearly explains this. Okay I have a problem with FCP and all those Mac codecs. I'm not pleased with the standard x264 encoder of FCP and MPEGStreamClip. I would really love to use ZarxGUI or something similar powerful.

The problem is that I can't encode a video for Windows (for ZarxGUI) out of the timeline. I just don't have the option of HuffYUV in my codecs section. So I tried codecs like Uncompressed-8/10bit, None and Pro Res 422. Uncompressed didn't worked in my Windows Avisynth script for ZarxGUI. None and 422 encoded some sort of pattern on my video which is really annoying for lossless codecs :?

It's so annoying! In which lossless codec can I export that Avisynth in Windows (with CCCP) does support? :|
Or what are alternatives for h.264 encoding that work as good as ZarxGUI?

I use Snow Leopard.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Re: Export from FCP to HQ x264

Post by NeoQuixotic » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:14 am

Apple ProRes would be ideal. But can you post a frame of this "pattern" that you see? I haven't had issues with ProRes on Mac or Windows. I've been using QTSource in AviSynth.

http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=QTSource_Alpha
Insert clever text/image here.

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:55 am

ProRes 4444 is fine, but as far as I know it doesn't work on Windows. I will try QTSouce. Maybe it works.

Sry I already deleted the 4222 file with a pattern in it. It didn't happened again after I unchecked "Chroma FIltering for 4:4:4 sources" (which was nonsense anyway for my dvd source). So I tried 4222 again. It works with QTinput. The clip had no audio after loading so I loaded the audio manualy.

After I loaded it into zarx (newest version 1.31) the encode hooked up at almost the end. It didn't finished the enocde. After converting with VDM into a lagarith file (the end was cut off too) it worked out.

Thank you.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 am

MHm.... doesn't work too good. I render two versions of the video (different audio languages) and I can't think of a difference in this 422 encode, but in Avisynth the clip is very very slow. That sucks. :|

Oh and btw.: QTInput also works with Quick Time Alternative. You probably don't need the original Quick Time.

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Ugh... triple post :|

The amount of frames was alright. It just got playbacked slower. VDM didn't seam to realize that. In the end I loaded into Premiere Pro and adjusted the speed of the clip. It seams to be fixed now.

Oh and also: I tried this with a new encode of the 4222 HQ profile. It seams to be working with QTInput too. :up:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Why are you encoding into h264 and not x264? Do you have x264 installed?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Kionon wrote:Why are you encoding into h264 and not x264? Do you have x264 installed?
Wait you mean...? Oh my god! I didn't thought of that x264 is just a freeware encoder of h.264. I installed it now and get the option h.264 (x264). So this should give me more satisfying encodes? I see.

Return to “Mac Software”