Mac Help: Final Cut Exporting.

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
MaggIvy
Org Profile

Mac Help: Final Cut Exporting.

Post by MaggIvy » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:22 pm

Ok, so I've finally finished a demo project and like before I followed these tuts:

http://ishtori.net/index.php?id=1

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... rial3.html

So here's the problem. I've been wanting to get it into AVI so it can play on all types of pcs. I am able to get the video itself into Xvid but I can never get the audio to work. I can't even get the export as uncompressed for the audio settings. The closest I can get is Linear PCM. But still nothing works at all. I'm using ffmpegx like the second tut is.

I'm using Final Cut Pro 5 so it might be different. But can anyone help me please?

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:21 pm

Hrm, I guess noone knows how to get avi? :(

BunofGovt
Org Profile

Post by BunofGovt » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:45 pm

Well, I'm using Final Cut Pro 4 so this may not apply and is certainly not the best method. I export my final amv using conversion to a DV stream. The settings I use are DV NTSC with 44.1 mhz and 4:3.

I then take the resulting dv file and convert it using Dvolution to an .avi file (settings I use are 720x480, 1100 for the video bitrate, 192 for the audio, 2 pass encoding).

I'm not sure why you're not getting your audio. Someone else will surely post here with advice more applicable to your situation ...

Oh, and I haven't figured out how to compress the video afterwards but I have noticed that playing it in Quicktime vs VLC shows a different quality.
"Didn't I say something clever earlier?"
"Dunno, I was probably asleep when you said it."

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:30 pm

Thanks for your help.

Out of desperation, I tried something else.

I exported using compressor to get it to m2v and aiff. I transferred it to my pc and avisynthed everything else, then compressed it in virtual dub. And bam, it worked! There is a .7 difference in length of audio and video. But its not really noticeable. I can either make it so they both match making it 29.977 or keep it at 29.970 and just attach the audio. Both work extremely well and I can't really tell the difference. Only problem now is choosing which one I should distribute as my mv.

Return to “Mac Software”