Compressor 4 preset for uploading to Org

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
yKazari
Org Profile

Compressor 4 preset for uploading to Org

Post by yKazari » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:34 pm

So I edit in Final Cut Pro and it only seems logical to create a custom preset for exporting to the Org. I like AMV-Tool but it lacks to ability to shrink a video and does not use h264_videotoolbox (from what I believe is a apple only thing but can and will cut render times in half) when calling ffmpeg

My Settings:

Video
Frame size: Up to 1280x720
Frame rate: Automatic or 23.976
Field order: Progressive
Color space: 709
Quicktime settings: Auto Key Frames, High Quality, Multi-pass, 3000mbps data rate, Optimized for Streaming
Profile: High
Entropy: CABAC
Resize filter: Linear

Audio
Stereo, 44.1 AAC, Normal Quality, 192kbps

I get around 50-60MB exports from ProRes 422 with minimal quality drop or motion smearing. So far all the exports that I have with these settings are good if anyone notices and issues let me know

Download the Droplet app http://www.mediafire.com/file/g6ugkbu00 ... p.zip/file, If you open the packages contents you can grab the settings file to add it to compressor if you want to modify it
Yukimi Kazari "Kazari da Editor"
Studio Setup: MacBook Pro 2017 (i7 3.1GHz), HP 32q, CalDigit TS3+, Apple Magic Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Compressor 4 preset for uploading to Org

Post by Kionon » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:23 pm

What do you mean by "shrink" here? I find AMV-Tool to be pretty good at compression. You think it doesn't drop the filesize enough?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

yKazari
Org Profile

Post by yKazari » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:25 pm

What I should have said was resize, I render all my masters as 1080p ProRes and once you spin that though ffmpeg or AMVtool the size gets to close to the limit for non-donors (which I plan to donate but I just got back from Otakon so im broke)
Yukimi Kazari "Kazari da Editor"
Studio Setup: MacBook Pro 2017 (i7 3.1GHz), HP 32q, CalDigit TS3+, Apple Magic Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:32 pm

Have you tried exporting in UT Video and comparing export size, then seeing what size AMV-Tool produces for the final encode? I guess I need to ping Meatwad, so he can offer his thoughts. It is his software, afterall.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:40 am

My recommendation is to export lossless and then use the tools in AMVpack to resize/convert. VapourSynth (which is similar to AviSynth) can be used to resize and AMVtool can be used to encode it. I find it always easier to have a full resolution lossless to work from (and backup), then use that to encode several versions at different resolutions. This helps to save on encode times as it does need to use processing power to "render" while also encoding. In addition, if something happens with part of the render (or you just need to fix a part you messed up), you can use VapourSynth to stitch it together by only needing to re-render the bad part. Site note, I also plan to add a resizing feature to AMVtool at a later time, I just haven't gotten around to it yet...
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:44 am

Thanks be to delicious AMV editing balls of meat.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “Mac Software”