Avidemux and Lion

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
gotenks794
Org Profile

Avidemux and Lion

Post by gotenks794 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 pm

I can't get Avidemux to open on my new mac and the only reason I can think of is because it's running Lion. Anyone know a workaround or know if an update is coming out or something? I hate using WINE or Crossover, so Avidemux is really my bread and butter. I'm lost without it. Any alternatives that natively run on mac? I have MPEGStreamclip already, but it can only do a fraction of what Avidemux can. :dino:
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Avidemux and Lion

Post by Kionon » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:59 pm

gotenks794 wrote:I can't get Avidemux to open on my new mac and the only reason I can think of is because it's running Lion. Anyone know a workaround or know if an update is coming out or something? I hate using WINE or Crossover, so Avidemux is really my bread and butter. I'm lost without it. Any alternatives that natively run on mac? I have MPEGStreamclip already, but it can only do a fraction of what Avidemux can. :dino:
Give it some time, it's pretty normal for new 10.x versions to break software. Sometimes Apple fixes the problem in an update, sometimes the third party developer has to adjust their app. Sometimes, though, neither side cares enough to do so. When I went up to Snow Leopard from Leopard, I lost the ability to use Adobe Premiere 6.5, and I was finally forced to switch to the Pro CS series. When I inquired as to why it'd no longer run, it was because most of Rosetta that allowed legacy apps to run was abandoned. It's probable that some aspect of Lion doesn't currently support Avidemux. If it's crucial, Apple will fix it. If it's not, then it will be up to Avidemux's open source developers to program around it.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

LucaTNT
Org Profile

Re: Avidemux and Lion

Post by LucaTNT » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:33 am

Here you can download a version of Avidemux which works on Lion: http://www.filesonic.com/file/1718744711

Return to “Mac Software”