Org Profile

Shimmer Beta

Post by lloyd9988 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:18 am

Global Notes:
Spoiler :
Beginning done.

Tasks:
Spoiler :
Task#2: How to approach the verse? (Approximately 50% finished)

Section 2 Anime Used: Yagate Kimi ni Naru

Anime Still In Consideration:
Spoiler :
Stein's Gate: Maifuyu
Bakemonogatari: Main Girl
Kimi Ni Todoke: Main Character
Yagate Kimi ni Naru: Main Character (Great Visuals but Pacing may not be best match.)
Fruit's Basket: Main Character (I'm iffy about this one...)
Kobato: Main Character (May have the best pacing and character focus)
Required Changes:
Spoiler :
>>> New Scenes Selected at 00:04 may be too strong. May need a slower paced scene. Also needs better IN Transition
>>> Change Section 2 with a different anime.
>>> Add Text at 0:49
>>> Camera Pan-Out with Ocean-Like Background at ~1:25
>>> Adjust effects for smooth flow at 1:18 <---> 1:25
Recommendations:
Spoiler :
Antman_537 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:54 pm
Sorry; juxtapose just means to put two contrasting images next to each other. So at like 00:54, instead of a white frame, some shots of the main character or something.
______________//_____________________________________________//___________________________________________________//______________

OG Date: 05/15/2020

Here's a Beta of what I'm currently working on.

Any help is appreciated.
Spoiler :
Obviously some of the lip-flap and static scenes I'm aware of. Let me know how the overall flow is, if possible.

______________//_____________________________________________//___________________________________________________//______________

Update: 05/26/2020

Video
Spoiler :

Update: 06/01/2020 (Minor Update)

Video
Spoiler :

Update: 06/06/2020 (Update at 1:07)

Video
Spoiler :
Last edited by lloyd9988 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: Shimmer Beta

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:02 pm

bump. Still working on it, just using this thread to keep my mind going.

Antman_537
Org Profile

Post by Antman_537 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:20 pm

- I'd agree with your analysis at 00:04
- What text would you add?
- I'm really digging the transitions you have there now; and throughout the amv for that matter. I'd like to see a juxtaposed shot in those white spaces prior to 01:00, but that's probably in the works.
- Can't help you here. I've seen the show only in AMV's, haha

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:55 pm

Antman_537 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:20 pm
- I'd agree with your analysis at 00:04
Yeah, needs to be fixed up, haven't done so yet. I'll add it into: "Required Action"
Antman_537 wrote:
- What text would you add?
I was gonna add "Shimmers" "In" "This" "World" "Is" "Sure" "To" "Fade" individually in the center
Antman_537 wrote:
- I'm really digging the transitions you have there now; and throughout the amv for that matter. I'd like to see a juxtaposed shot in those white spaces prior to 01:00, but that's probably in the works.
Can you show me an example video of juxtaposed? So I can add it into the AMV.
Antman_537 wrote:
- Can't help you here. I've seen the show only in AMV's, haha
I have an update you can watch if you want with that anime. I think it's fitting but I still worry about the pacing. Because I want to incorporate the pacing and flow of "Bloom Into You" without attempting to speed up the show to match the pacing and flow of the song as much.

I uploaded another update video to show this so you can just start at timestamp 1:00 to start reviewing the recent changes.

Antman_537
Org Profile

Post by Antman_537 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:54 pm

That would probably work pretty well; add some movement to an otherwise static moment.

Sorry; juxtapose just means to put two contrasting images next to each other. So at like 00:54, instead of a white frame, some shots of the main character or something.

Hmm... What's the theme you're going for? The right show to use probably depends on that.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:05 pm

Antman_537 wrote:
That would probably work pretty well; add some movement to an otherwise static moment.
Yeah it looked good so I'll add it in to the next update.
Antman_537 wrote:
I'll give it a shot and see how it looks. I plan on appending all necessary effects edits once the AMV is finished completely
Antman_537 wrote:
Hmm... What's the theme you're going for? The right show to use probably depends on that.
I honestly don't know. I just felt this song and then I kind of thought about my past relationships and made this AMV to kinda show-case that, I think. I was just stressed with school, and felt this song, started editing and now here's this thing, I guess.

Oh but there is one thing which is:

Section 1 Utilizes mainly Linear Wipes to transition
Section 2 Utilizes mainly Camera Motion to Transition

The last section, I was going to utilize mixing both.

Antman_537
Org Profile

Post by Antman_537 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:18 pm

I feel you man, school does that. At least you got an amv out of the deal. :wink:
Well, if it's a relationship driven song, I'd pick whichever anime's relationship fits it best and stick with it all the way through. Given the degree to which you've tuned the beginning, probably that show; haha.

Return to “Works in Progress”