Fly me to the moon SoKai

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

SailorTardis
Org Profile

Fly me to the moon SoKai

Post by SailorTardis » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:20 pm

This was the AMV I was working on for Momocon's Live AMV concert before it was cancelled. I was originally going to use the anime Sasami: Magical Girls Club, but I was unable to get high quality raw footage. Thus, I went with my other idea, a Kingdom Hearts romance AMV with Sora and Kairi.

I feel pretty good about this, as it was just going to be a simple love video, but I want to know what you all think of it.

"Of course! Don't you know anything about science?"

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Fly me to the moon SoKai

Post by Kireblue » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:07 am

From what I saw, it looked pretty good and had a really nice laid back mood to it :up: . But I could only watch the first minute because I'm still trying to avoid Kingdom Heart 3 spoilers. So your video just reminded me that I really need to get around to buying the game. I was trying to hold out for a PC release so that I wouldn't have to buy a new console :asd: .

One recommendation that I'd give you is to change the way you do white flashes. The fade to white at 0:25 was a bit jarring IMO. So instead of fading to a white solid, you can crossfade the 2 Kingdom Hearts clips, and add a white solid on a layer above them. Then lower the opacity of the white solid to somewhere around 75%, and fade it in a few frames before your crossfade begins, and out a few frames after it ends. Tweaking these settings will give you a lot of control over how your white flashes will look, and also works really well with fades to black.

Oh and when you're done with this video, can you send it to me so that I can keep it on file for next year's concert?

SailorTardis
Org Profile

Post by SailorTardis » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:45 pm

Thank's for the advice! When it's done, I'll be sure to send it to you!

SailorTardis
Org Profile

Post by SailorTardis » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:16 pm

I believe I have white flashes fixed. I am pretty happy with how it looks now, but if it's still jarring please let me know.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:17 pm

hmmm. I think that the change I suggested to you actually made it more jarring. I'll send you a PM

SailorTardis
Org Profile

Post by SailorTardis » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:53 pm

Ok thanks for all your help! I feel like I have a final version ready, though i'll go over it some more for any final edits needed.

Return to “Works in Progress”