First AMV (WIP)

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Death Rebel
Org Profile

First AMV (WIP)

Post by Death Rebel » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi, guys! I'm attempting my first AMV, and I'm kind of wondering how I am doing and if anyone has any feedback.

I used my tax return to finally purchase Sony Vegas Pro, and it's quite the learning process. I only have part of the video completed, so this is just a clip of the final project I have planned. I have the video set to link only because I do not want it public as of yet.

Any useful tips, tricks, critique, and feedback welcome! Thanks for taking time for me!

https://youtu.be/RvvwgX4nJEs

SailorTardis
Org Profile

Re: First AMV (WIP)

Post by SailorTardis » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:23 pm

It's actually really looking very cool! The effects are really nice so far, but my only worry is that they might be a bit overdone. They feel like they might give someone a headache.
"Of course! Don't you know anything about science?"

Antman_537
Org Profile

Post by Antman_537 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:11 am

You seem to have transitions and timing down pretty well; it feels very action-ey. My only gripe is that while the high speed works well for action shots, a lot of the scenes seemed to be a drama between characters; and in such segments I was completely lost. I'd slow things down at least a little if you want to tell a narrative. I'm also not a big fan of using songs without lyrics, as I feel it loses the audience's interest; but I've seen it work. Keep up the good work!

Death Rebel
Org Profile

Post by Death Rebel » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Thank you for the feedback! I've actually had quite a few people mention that it can get a bit too fast in places and that it's a little effect - heavy.... I will work on that. Thank you!

Return to “Works in Progress”