Haibane Renmei AMV in progress - Feedback appreciated!

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Katranat
Org Profile

Haibane Renmei AMV in progress - Feedback appreciated!

Post by Katranat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:01 pm

Anime is Haibane Renmei
Song is Secrets by Pink

So this video was supposed to be an editing "break" from a much more complicated video I'm working on. However this video is causing me a few more problems than I anticipated!

Initially I edited quite a lot of it in quick succession, now I've kinda hit a roadblock. I'm not quite sure about some of the parts I have edited and I don't really wanted to continue until I figure it out. I keep tweaking bits but it still doesn't feel quite right.

The parts I feel that I'm struggling with are 1.04 - 1.14, 1.36 - 1.48. The rest I'm fairly happy with, though I'm not too convinced about the beginning.

Overall I feel it's shaping up to be a pretty run of the mill Haibane AMV. I still would like to see this completed though as I enjoy this song/anime combination.

Any feedback is appreciated!

ShizayaFanart
Org Profile

Re: Haibane Renmei AMV in progress - Feedback appreciated!

Post by ShizayaFanart » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:53 am

I haven't seen this anime (although this makes it look pretty cool) so I can't give a whole lot of advice but I will say that there were a few moments, 1:46-1:48 specifically where the clips were cut fairly short that I didn't super love. I know what you were going for but at least for me, it felt kinda choppy, especially since this video isn't an action AMV, where that sort of editing would be more at home. If it were me, I would play around with those moments a little more.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Haibane Renmei AMV in progress - Feedback appreciated!

Post by seasons » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:16 pm

I think this is off to a good start, I hope you're able to finish this because it has a good sense of flow and, even as a WIP, it feels sure of itself and has a good sense of its own identity, not a carbon copy of an idea that's already been done to death or anything like that.

Return to “Works in Progress”