[WIP] Code Geass - The Double (AU Story)

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

MiraKayla
Org Profile

[WIP] Code Geass - The Double (AU Story)

Post by MiraKayla » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Hello everyone! This is my first post, I think (sorry mods if I posted in the wrong thread). I've been lurking on and off for a few months since I'm looking into submitting convention videos. Unfortunately, my general style of editing is flashy which is probably why I haven't had any luck so far. I've been editing for a really long time, but I still have much to learn :oops:. I wanted to try something really different once I saw the movie "The Double" and fell in love with the main theme.

I'm wondering if I have too many transitions while the dialogue is up (because that sounds like it will be confusing.) Also, I've never made subtitles before, so I don't know any formal rules I need to adhere to. Should I stick with the same font and use different colors, or is it fine as is? Is the font too big? Not low enough?

Is the story coherent?
Spoiler :
When Lelouch makes the contract with C.C., he is split in two. While Lelouch acts as Zero to destroy Britannia and anyone in his way (including Nunnally), he leaves Lelouch #2 to fulfill his "normal" duties and fend off suspicion that he is Zero. Lelouch's memories bleed into Lelouch #2, causing them to have some control over each others' bodies. Despite lacking the power of Geass, Lelouch #2 fights to rescue Nunnally from Lelouch.

To make the distinction between Lelouch and #2 clear, I was thinking of changing #2's eye color. Would that work?

Then ending is meant to mirror the ending of the Double, which I won't directly spoil.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: [WIP] Code Geass - The Double (AU Story)

Post by Mol » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Mhm i would say idea is pretty solid, i like it. As about other stuff i guess keeping fonts as character ie Xero gets the same font all the time or for example lelouch seem good for consitency. Some little claening you can do i guess at 0:45-0:46 last frame o lelouch look a bit jarring, can try slow scene by few %, i would change transistion at 2:05 i guess. Maybe you can slightly tune down some blurs too. Anyway it seems pretty decent to me you can try maybe slightly bigger fonts , idk how readible they will be at bigger screen : d. I wouldn't get discouraged about not winning its all good as long as you enjoy your time editing ; d
Still better than that MMO.

MiraKayla
Org Profile

Post by MiraKayla » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Thank you! I don't have the twixtor package, so I've been using blurs to make slowed-down scenes look less jarring, but I'll admit, they are hard to look at. I'm looking to change Zero's font, because I couldn't read it while standing at a distance. I'm also changing Lelouch #2's eye color now that I've learned that Vegas's color corrector can be used for more than just desaturating a specific color.

2:05 which one? The glass-breaking transition is actually in the show, so I assume you're talking about the blinds effect. What would you suggest I use instead? Would flashes work better?

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:10 am

Sounds good :awesome: Yeah i meant blinds, idk what it's up for you but no flashes , more subtle :dino:
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “Works in Progress”