WIP Sayaka Magica AMV

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

vkamv
Org Profile

WIP Sayaka Magica AMV

Post by vkamv » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:11 pm

WARNING: Contains scenes of violence and cartoonish gore that might be disturbing to some viewers.

WARNING: Contains scenes of violence and cartoonish gore that might be disturbing to some viewers.

I always receive pretty good feedback on my AMVs but it always feels too late to change by then, so I decided to post my current beta of an AMV I'm working on so I can apply the feedback while I'm working on it.

Yes, it's another Madoka Magica AMV lol, but a bit different. Focuses on Sayaka and has an "alternative ending" to her story. The premise or joke is: This is the Sayaka story the creator wanted to tell but the anime studio wouldn't let him.

The AMV is not to be viewed too seriously but more as a parody of Sayaka's story in the anime. The ending can also be viewed as symbolic if you want to view it that way.

My main concerns are the lips sync and pace of scene cuts. Does the lip sync seem off and are the cuts too rapid?

Only around 2 minutes long.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: WIP Sayaka Magica AMV

Post by Mol » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:44 am

Mhm for me cuts didn't feel too rapid i would say. if you want you can tone down beginning , but mix it up a little later and probs throw in some subtle stuff at multiple sounds at once, well at least for me. First lip sync feels a bit iffy probably cause you stay along similiar sync course i think , it could use some background sync mby. Also ending feels a bit meh i think it ends a bit too sudden
Still better than that MMO.

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: WIP Sayaka Magica AMV

Post by vkamv » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Mol wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:44 am
Mhm for me cuts didn't feel too rapid i would say. if you want you can tone down beginning , but mix it up a little later and probs throw in some subtle stuff at multiple sounds at once, well at least for me. First lip sync feels a bit iffy probably cause you stay along similiar sync course i think , it could use some background sync mby. Also ending feels a bit meh i think it ends a bit too sudden
Thanks for the feedback Mol. I'll see what I can do about the lip sync on the first scene. As for the ending, did you mean the alternative train scene was "meh", or the last scene of her break-dancing?

Thanks again!

Return to “Works in Progress”