[WIP] Heaven's Faith 2 [HF 1 Remake] Incoming.

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

[WIP] Heaven's Faith 2 [HF 1 Remake] Incoming.

Post by TwilightChrono » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:51 pm

This is an older beta for Heaven's Faith 2 but quickly turned into practice for the advanced editing I would need to do. The song choice was poor but I think the editing in this one addresses a lot of concerns everyone had for the first Heaven's Faith back in 09. You can still find the Announcement thread if you would like to read it.

I've had a lot of practice since this video and would like to know if you guys think these techniques are outdated or if you would keep any of them. Obviously, the tv sim needs to go, but other than that would anyone be willing to be a beta tester for the new project?
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: [WIP] Heaven's Faith 2 [HF 1 Remake] Incoming.

Post by vkamv » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:14 pm

The effects were very rough and outdated, but I did think that the overall concept of the AMV and structure was good and interesting.

I liked the foot mask reveal effect at the start, but the rest of the masks felt as if they appeared to quickly and did not blend in well with the rest of the scene.

The video is old so I'm sure when you redo it the effects will look better, but this is just my impression of it right now. :D

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:21 pm

vkamv wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:14 pm
vkamv wrote:The effects were very rough and outdated, but I did think that the overall concept of the AMV and structure was good and interesting.

I liked the foot mask reveal effect at the start, but the rest of the masks felt as if they appeared to quickly and did not blend in well with the rest of the scene.

The video is old so I'm sure when you redo it the effects will look better, but this is just my impression of it right now. :D
Thanks for the info. Would you like to be a beta tester when I start this up? It won't be for a bit till I can start it up since I'm working on Getting CascadaThon 4.0 out in a few days. But let me know if you are interested.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:26 am

Aspect ratio is my main issue with this.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:34 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:21 pm

Thanks for the info. Would you like to be a beta tester when I start this up? It won't be for a bit till I can start it up since I'm working on Getting CascadaThon 4.0 out in a few days. But let me know if you are interested.
I've never been part of a beta test, but sure, if you want my opinion of it during the creation process no problem. :)

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Kionon wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:26 am
Kionon wrote:Aspect ratio is my main issue with this.
Where was the aspect ratio off? Could you let me know? I must have missed it. Thanks, Kionon.
vkamv wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:34 pm
TwilightChrono wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:21 pm

I've never been part of a beta test, but sure, if you want my opinion of it during the creation process no problem. :)
Sounds good. I'll let you know when I have something.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:25 pm

Inu Yasha parts, definitely, but also the intro guy running and then the guy falling back into the building. Their faces are way too long and thing. The girl characters appear to have the right aspect ratio, so it isn't ever bit of it, but some are clearly off.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:25 pm

Inu Yasha parts, definitely, but also the intro guy running and then the guy falling back into the building. Their faces are way too long and thing. The girl characters appear to have the right aspect ratio, so it isn't ever bit of it, but some are clearly off.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:44 am

Kionon wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:25 pm
Gotcha. Thanks. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that. Even though I don't think I will be using those sources anymore for this, it's good to know that those particular aspects were off. So, I'll have to mind what I'm doing. Working with Mirror's Edge is hard stuff for me. Not so much Mirror's Edge, but just 1st person footage in general mixed with anime. It's something I'm still trying to grasp, but as long as I can have feedback throughout, I won't rush it like I did the first HF. Thanks.

Return to “Works in Progress”