yKazari
Org Profile

(WIP) Untitled - Happy Sugar Life

Post by yKazari » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:12 am

Heres something I came up with today

Black spots are still missing clips

Any options?

Edit: If you want to see the stream it's here
Last edited by yKazari on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yukimi Kazari "Kazari da Editor"
Studio Setup: MacBook Pro 2017 (i7 3.1GHz), HP 32q, CalDigit TS3+, Apple Magic Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: (WIP) Untitled - Happy Sugar Life

Post by vkamv » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Audio/Visual: I thought that the overlay at the beginning throughout the first 30 seconds was a bit too repetitive and didn't have enough variance in it. Also I felt it was a bit too strong and could have been blended better. It looked like it was just placed it over the video with no adjustment. I liked the color tones you chose, and I think you did a good job of blending various scenes together. I particularly liked the effect you used at 0:29 - 0:30 The audio was good and I thought it fit the visuals.

Synchronization: I felt like for a song like this their should have been lot shorter scenes and quicker transitions. There were quite a few scenes that seemed to drag on too long and not really provide any impact. For example, from 0:16 to 0:19 felt very static and didn't fit the beat or pace of the song in that moment (in my humble opinion).

Story/Theme: I've never seen this anime so I can't tell if you were faithful to the original story or were creating your won twist on it. I did see and feel a common theme throughout the video, but I didn't really get a sense of a story but felt more like random scenes stitched together. Which isn't bad. I've made a few AMVs like that as well, mostly in the action category. Perhaps if I saw the anime your message to me would be clearer.

These are just my thoughts. I look forward to seeing your finished project.

yKazari
Org Profile

Re: (WIP) Untitled - Happy Sugar Life

Post by yKazari » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:40 am

I been thinking of building it up just didn't do it at the time.

Ya I agree some parts I'm trying to get it so it's not to fast and has some sort of meaning. Ya that first clip was a placeholder should have turned it off before export.

Its a really strange show, its one of those shows that the name does not fit the theme at all. But I was trying to keep it some sort of relevance to the original story. Always trying to fix my habit of throwing a bunch of sense and they to have some sort of a storyline. I think the anime is worth the watch, you get hooked easily, Its on Prime and even YT sense it not Content IDed
Yukimi Kazari "Kazari da Editor"
Studio Setup: MacBook Pro 2017 (i7 3.1GHz), HP 32q, CalDigit TS3+, Apple Magic Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad

Return to “Works in Progress”