Moderator: Forum moderators

yKazari
Org Profile

[WIP] "Get Out The Way" - Action

Post by yKazari » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:02 pm

Any recommendations or critiques

Need another set of eyes
Yukimi Kazari "Kazari da Editor"
Studio Setup: MacBook Pro 2017 (i7 3.1GHz), HP 32q, CalDigit TS3+, Apple Magic Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: [WIP] "Get Out The Way" - Action

Post by Kireblue » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:31 pm

I think that you're speeding up clips too much and aren't actually allowing the hits in the video to land long enough to feel synced to the beats of the song (since many of the hits actually happen faster then the duration of the corresponding beat). Also, as a rule of thumb, I personally feel that footage shouldn't be sped up to the point where the audience can tell that it's being sped up. The moment that the movements feel too fast to be natural is when you've gone overboard IMO. Because then it becomes hard to even process what's happening in each scene.

So my main suggestion is to speed up you clips less and try to focus more on making sure your internal sync hits hard.

yKazari
Org Profile

Post by yKazari » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Thanks for that, I had a feeling that it looked a bit off. Was there any particular times that really standout
Studio Setup: MacBook Pro 2017 (i7 3.1GHz), HP 32q, CalDigit TS3+, Apple Magic Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:09 am

The scenes at 0:09 are when were had for me to keep up with. The movements are just so fast that It's hard to see the hits land on the beats.

And at 0:19 - 0:27, I feel that you could capitalize more on the the beats to get in some good internal sync there. BTW, if you haven't read this guide yet on the types of sync, I recommend it pretty much every chance I get lol viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92942

and on that note, I feel that what you did from 0:49 - 0:57 is the type of internal sync that would really benefit the rest of the video. So a little more of that would go a long way IMO

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:21 am

Agreed with KireBlue. It's probably a perception thing, not a timeline thing, but your kicks looked early to me. What I actually think is going on is exactly what KireBlue is talking about. I didn't have time to register the landing of the kicks (and probably some of the other actions, but I noticed it the most with Ikkou) so it felt like they were earlier than the actual beat. You need to consider the ability of the viewer to keep up. You know the source, you know the timeline, we don't. We need time to process what we see and hear. This is actually how a lot of beatboxing is done. It's not actually that the actions and sounds are all together, it is that we can't process them fully, except on delay. That's what seems to produce an inhuman ability to be several instruments with voice or body alone.

I interned for a beatboxer in college, so I got to learn about this first hand.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

yKazari
Org Profile

Post by yKazari » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:45 am

Kireblue wrote:The scenes at 0:09 are when were had for me to keep up with. The movements are just so fast that It's hard to see the hits land on the beats.

And at 0:19 - 0:27, I feel that you could capitalize more on the the beats to get in some good internal sync there. BTW, if you haven't read this guide yet on the types of sync, I recommend it pretty much every chance I get lol viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92942

and on that note, I feel that what you did from 0:49 - 0:57 is the type of internal sync that would really benefit the rest of the video. So a little more of that would go a long way IMO
Ah I see what you're talking about! I think I was a bit to hyped up when I was doing the most of the cuts and desegregated the sync. Ill take a good look trough there before I get back to edit it tomorrow.

Really thanks for that cause I would have keep repeating the same mistakes :up:

Return to “Works in Progress”