Opinion Wanted for Naruto Shippuden Obito AMV - "Crossfire"

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Opinion Wanted for Naruto Shippuden Obito AMV - "Crossfire"

Post by DopplerDo » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:07 pm

Hey ORG, I'm back with a new AMV -- trying my best to make good on Rider4Z's early advice and this time I worked my butt off to smoothly integrate After Effects. I would love ANY feedback on this video. I work on editing everyday (when I'm not outside, so don't worry :sweat:) and I promise to take all advice really seriously and share the results!

In this one, "Crossfire," I really wanted to double-click on Rider4Z's advice on creating AMVs with an introduction, reminder, and payoff -- and I think this video tells a very coherent story with footage scattered over ~400 episodes. Let me know if you feel differently (I am super interested)! Inspiration came from Gloria Fortis Miles (watch it!), which handles that structure very well.

Lastly, I tentatively opened up After Effects and studied it (mainly with Lynda.com) for at least an hour per day since my last video. I got pretty comfortable with it, but I feel the more subtle and tastefully I use it, the less anyone is impressed by it, because they assume that that's just what the source looks like -- it's not obvious any extra editing happened.

Here are some AE screenshots that I'm only posting here because only the ORG's fine gentlepersons understand the work flow :P. Where else would I brag?

keinhikari
Org Profile

Re: Opinion Wanted for Naruto Shippuden Obito AMV - "Crossfire"

Post by keinhikari » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:59 am

Geez, I salute people who does a music video for there favorite anime. My brother will absolutely love this AMV.

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Re: Opinion Wanted for Naruto Shippuden Obito AMV - "Crossfire"

Post by DopplerDo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:12 am

Thanks, Keinhikari! I appreciate the love :)!

P.S. Hikari definitely means "light," right, but what does "kein" mean in English? It could mean so many things to a Japanese amateur like me :p

Return to “Works in Progress”