Tokyo Ghoul Short

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Yain
Org Profile

Tokyo Ghoul Short

Post by Yain » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:37 am

The tittle is vague, and so is the video... I did some smaller edit back 5-6 years ago or so. And i've decided to give it a go again now. I am not a good editor, nor am i experienced. So your thoughts are very welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf8_LsQO74w

Critique is what I'm after.

-Yain

[moved to opinion exchange - Kireblue]

Swaglum
Org Profile

Re: Tokyo Ghoul Short

Post by Swaglum » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:20 pm

I'm not that good at Critiquing thing but ill give you my opinion. I really like the way you synced it together and the transitions aren't to snappy. I also like the choice of music. sorry if thats not the kind of answer you wanted but i gave it a shot :P

Yain
Org Profile

Post by Yain » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:44 am

Well, Swaglum. It's much better than no answer at all. :) Thanks!

Pwcagal
Org Profile

Post by Pwcagal » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi friend! So my suggestion is, try to edit a longer clip. I kinda sensed where you were going but to really get a feel for the thing you need to sink in some more time. The best advice I've gotten so far is don't be afraid to sink hours and hours into a project and fail. That's how you grow. :) But for what you have here, I'd say don't jump into the video quite so quick, it's a little jarring. And using black frames is good, but keep in mind you need to give the audience time to register what they're seeing before moving on. (That might just be me, I have issues with flashy candy-style vids and some action vids for this reason, I wanna understand the information on the screen before getting thrown into another shot.) Hope that's helpful!

:D

Return to “Works in Progress”