1:1 My first "AMV"

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

maelyss
Org Profile

1:1 My first "AMV"

Post by maelyss » Fri May 13, 2016 1:34 pm

Hello, I've decided I'll get my way through AMVs because it always fascinated me. I've never worked with a video though so the begginings are a bit hard. But this site is helping me a lot and I'm slowly reading through the tutorials. I'm learning with Premiere and After Effects (it's because we'll have it in school as a subject of learning).

I made this 1min promo AMV for a channel on YT and since it's my first AMV ever I'd like to hear opinions because I totally want to get better in this.

Thank you very much for your opinions \ o /
Also I'm offering you my opinion too although I'm not sure if it will be any useful :sweat:

[added youtube embed and moved to “Other Videos” forum. Thread will be moved back once the video gets cataloged - Kireblue]

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: 1:1 My first "AMV"

Post by Kireblue » Fri May 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Welcome to the Org! The rules of announcing videos here actually do require you to catalog your video first. So please do that as soon as possible :D . If you don't know how, here is the FAQ post about it http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2#p1546652

Until then, I'm going to move your thread to the “Other Videos” Forum. And I can move it back once I see that you've done it.

maelyss
Org Profile

Post by maelyss » Sat May 14, 2016 8:49 am

Ooooh, I'm sorry I didn't noticed it >.< thanks for the link.

maelyss
Org Profile

Post by maelyss » Sat May 14, 2016 8:54 am

edit: I have a question, it's said in the rules of posting new videos that I shall not add beta versions but in the description of an Opinion exchange forum is "...and for getting feedback on beta videos". How can I catalog the video than? I am a tad confused.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat May 14, 2016 12:08 pm

maelyss wrote:edit: I have a question, it's said in the rules of posting new videos that I shall not add beta versions but in the description of an Opinion exchange forum is "...and for getting feedback on beta videos". How can I catalog the video than? I am a tad confused.
Oh I see. In that case, I'll just move your thread to the opinion exchange forum. You don't actually need to catalog betas. Sorry about the confusion.

maelyss
Org Profile

Post by maelyss » Sat May 14, 2016 12:50 pm

It's okay. Thank you very much for clearing this out ^^

Pwcagal
Org Profile

Post by Pwcagal » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi! Yay first amvs! I just posted my first one too so I feel where you're coming from. Great song, very amv. From what I've seen amv's with songs like this tend to be more effects heavy though, so that's really hard for a first vid.

For me, my favorite amvs are the ones with plot, so I'm not sure I'm the best for this one. But even for ones without plot there's usually a theme that's anywhere from like "loneliness" to "things that are circles." So, my suggestion would be to try to have an overall goal with the video. Maybe ask yourself questions like: What am I trying to communicate? What links these clips? (visually or thematically) Etc. Hope that is helpful!

Return to “Works in Progress”