Seeking honest opinions 1:1 or 2:2

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

stonecoldsam
Org Profile

Seeking honest opinions 1:1 or 2:2

Post by stonecoldsam » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:14 pm

Hey im still pretty new at this, ive only made like 4 amv's total but im interested to get some opinons on them. As a newbie im not entirely sure my opinons will give much help but im still willing. Ahh also watch em in 60fps!

I have two based on Kantai Collection

Kantai Collection

Anohana (Made a few months ago)

*Edit* Added proper tags

Jedinovice
Org Profile

Re: Seeking honest opinions 1:1 or 2:2

Post by Jedinovice » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Well, for a starter I think it's very good over all!

Nice cuts, no lip flapping an the beat is right.

If I may criticize at all... it's something of a bug bear with me and seems common to a lot of AMVs... the music in each piece seems weak. For want of a better word, the choice in music in each case seems, to my 1980's hearing damaged ears, to be 'B' side tracks if you know what I mean. Thus all seem great cuts that I would download and overlay different music. But that's probably my personal taste. I have identified that the majority of AMV's have music choices that seem odd to e and everyone else things is wonderful!

I also don't get what 60fps is about. It means longer rendering, larger files but the human eye can't see the difference from 25 frames a second!

But, great work I would say.

Oh, just once suggestion, if you are going to show an explosion in an AMV, add a explosion SFX. Nothing too loud or distracting but something to make the event seem real and not jerk the watcher out with "Where's the sound?" moment. I found I had to do that with my last AMV. Lots of missiles and explosions... I had to add some effects but not so loud as to distract but enough to add weight.
Video editing on Kdenlive in Mint Linux KDE 17.0
H/W: An ASUS X200 dirt cheap Dual core atom n2840 at 2.16GHz
...and they said it couldn't be done!!! :lol:

stonecoldsam
Org Profile

Re: Seeking honest opinions 1:1 or 2:2

Post by stonecoldsam » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:49 am

Thank you very much I understand what you mean entirely I think finding music is one of my biggest issue, I tend to lean more towards things i think I can do easily rather than trying something difficult, also the explosions sfx idea is really good, i think i wanna try it and see what happens.

As for the 60 fps i run on a slightly overpowered computer so i do it half for it's sake, and half for the satisfaction of seeing the 1080p60fps tag on Youtube, self gratification really.

Return to “Works in Progress”