Most Original Video

Alex-ok
Org Profile

Post by Alex-ok » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:05 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
Mchy wrote:
Alex-ok wrote:
Alex-ok wrote:My vote just has to go to Nostromo with Magic Pad
Actually, i had a good look at them both again...thought about it, and change it to
"Daydream"
xD
u can vote for more than one actually.
Not once the finals roll around. ;)
Well since were no there yet, i vote for both

"Magic Pad"
and
"Daydream"

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:25 am

AtomX wrote:

It's hard for me to say that a parody of an actual music video makes it "original" (since all of the structure is based off of somebody else's idea), but nevertheless, this video is simply not getting enough props.
x2

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Post by ZaCloud » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:49 am

^because it took an often-used source, but did a very unusual thing with it in creating a picture of society and a moral message

^Practically making a musical of FMA

^Interesting... ^_^;;

^Ummm... Hitler? :P

Goketsu
Org Profile

Post by Goketsu » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:37 pm

AtomX wrote:

It's hard for me to say that a parody of an actual music video makes it "original" (since all of the structure is based off of somebody else's idea), but nevertheless, this video is simply not getting enough props.
:up:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:35 am

Goketsu wrote:
AtomX wrote:

:up:
While i completely agree that this video should win best parody I really don't believe it belongs here for the very reasons AtomX mentioned.

whereas

i find to be more original A because of the way 5cm/s is used and B the audio source being a post Jazz ambient noise spoken word dealy has really not been done before afaik

Jax =)
Org Profile

Originality

Post by Jax =) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:44 am

Alex-ok wrote:My vote just has to go to Nostromo with Magic Pad
I can understand why Alex-ok and others want to vote for Nostromo's work - because every video this person creates is a visual masterpiece. However I personally do not see the originality in the video. I do believe this particular video belongs in both best digital effects and best video categories.

When I think of originally I am not really thinking so off the wall that it makes us think you are insane. I am think of a video that does not follow any norm that current exists. Something that started solely from one person's imagination. :D

piiiiii
Org Profile

Post by piiiiii » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Why we can't vote for a MEP for the most original amv ?

Jax =)
Org Profile

Clarification

Post by Jax =) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:40 pm

I am not saying that you can't vote for "Magic Pad". You are free to vote for any one you want to. All I did was state my own thought that this video belongs in a different category and what I personally look for in the category of originality.

Return to “2008 AnimeMusicVideo.org Viewer's Choice Awards”