Zoom transition from random point on previous scene

lamrith
Org Profile

Zoom transition from random point on previous scene

Post by lamrith » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:59 pm

Editor: Sony Vegas 14 Pro

Not sure how else to describe this effect.
The effect I am after would be something like a scene that has a TV in it with a video playing on the TV. Then having the video on the TV screen expand (zoom out) to become the entire screen and next scene.

I am new to editing and have played with pan/crop a bit bit cannot figure out how to take an entire video and reduce the size and put it where I want then do a gradual expand. I thought about zoom in on the TV in the original scene, but then the background zooms in also. I am hoping for more of the video coming out of the TV at the viewer type of effect.

If there is an actual name for this sort of transition please let me know. I tried a few combinations on YT and was not finding any tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/theLamrith - Lamrith's Lair Youtube Channel

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Zoom transition from random point on previous scene

Post by Kireblue » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:10 am

Are you talking about like what's happening in this video?

The scene at 0:10 is just a simple zoom in to the tablet screen and then a cut to the actual anime scene. To do this, the editor superimposed the anime scene onto the tablet screen. Then that scene was probably rendered out so that whenever he zoomed into the new clip, everything would still maintain its orientation and perspective.

Often times transitions happen so fast that it's hard to see the small details. So watching the video frame by frame can be a good way to learn exactly what happened and how to replicate it. So if you want a closer look at it, that AMV can be downloaded from here:

lamrith
Org Profile

Re: Zoom transition from random point on previous scene

Post by lamrith » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Thanks! That definitely gives me some ideas to tinker with now!
https://www.youtube.com/theLamrith - Lamrith's Lair Youtube Channel

Return to “Effects & Techniques”