Need help with Transitions

Lilyflow
Org Profile

Need help with Transitions

Post by Lilyflow » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:41 pm

There are two transitions right now I'm wondering how to do.
The one at 1:22-1:25 (It pushes halfway before seeing the other clip completely) and at 5:02-5:08 all the super fast blurry slide transitions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpoiLEBpU6s&t=323s

I'm using Vegas Pro 16 and have the Sapphire Plugins if needed.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Need help with Transitions

Post by Kireblue » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:42 pm

Lilyflow wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:41 pm
There are two transitions right now I'm wondering how to do.
The one at 1:22-1:25 (It pushes halfway before seeing the other clip completely) and at 5:02-5:08 all the super fast blurry slide transitions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpoiLEBpU6s&t=323s

I'm using Vegas Pro 16 and have the Sapphire Plugins if needed.
I'm pretty sure that the person simply did the first effect manually by using the pan/ zoom tool to move the first scene off screen at the same pace as the 2nd scene panning on screen. They manually key framed the movement so that it starts off slow, and them picks up speed. If you don't have any experience in key framing pans, here is a youtube tutorial on it that I found really quick.

The 2nd effect is pretty much the same thing, but instead of the first scenes completely panning off the screen, they were initially zoomed in to give them some buffer room. Then as they are panned in a specific direction, the buffer space keeps it from flying off screen. A Gaussian blur was then probably added to the moving clips. They then hard cutted to the next scene (which is also partially zoomed in). Finally, the 2nd scene is panned in the same direction as the first moving scene in order to carry over that movement, and a blur is added to make everything look seamless.

Lilyflow
Org Profile

Re: Need help with Transitions

Post by Lilyflow » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:58 pm

Thank you so much, this is gonna be so helpful! I started editing not so long ago and it's still pretty hard even though I know the basics and everything, I've been messing around with the keyframes a bit but keyframes are harder to understand than what I expected tbh. Anyway, thanks again have a great day : )

Return to “Effects & Techniques”