This Transition is So Overly Used in AMVs and I Can't Even Find The Source.

Lakito
Org Profile

This Transition is So Overly Used in AMVs and I Can't Even Find The Source.

Post by Lakito » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:15 pm

A cherry blossom transition used in almost every popular AMV and I don't know the source. Does anybody know the source? If yes, could you please share the knowledge :cry: I've asked lots of editors and they said "they got it from somewhere they can't remember." I hope I don't sound rude right now but I am tired of searching for the source myself ;_;
Example: https://youtu.be/RBj-EzhsimA?t=33s

bellyzbad12345
Org Profile

Re: This Transition is So Overly Used in AMVs and I Can't Even Find The Source.

Post by bellyzbad12345 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Well, I don't think I can give yout he exact source of where that exact cherry blossom image comes from...However, the effect itself is that they've masked a single image of a cherry blossom and panned it across the screen while the scenes in the background switch when the cherry blossom is taking up the full frame. If the other AMVs where you saw this "exact same" cherry blossom in used the same anime, then chances are it was taken from this anime itself.

Lakito
Org Profile

Post by Lakito » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:51 am

I already know what the "effect" is. The mask is only used in AMVs that have already 10+ animes in them and there is not a common anime that is in all of them.

dragontamer5788
Org Profile

Post by dragontamer5788 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Your Lie in April. I believe that scene was either the end of episode 1 or the beginning of episode 2.

I just did an AMV to that, and yes, I used that scene.

--------

I'm frankly surprised that any editor would forget the source of footage used. Staring at all those scenes trying to pick out the best one is an experience that forces you to remember everything.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”