Help with Visual Transitions!

TheDragonking564
Org Profile

Help with Visual Transitions!

Post by TheDragonking564 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:34 pm

Hey Everyone!

So I actually made this account specifically ask this question. There are 2 transition type effects that I have seen on a number of AMVs that I have watched that I wanted to know how to do, so that I could use them in the creation of my own. They are in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRCdAALda9k

The effects I am talking about are the transition through a charater's eye(s), as well as a transition-type effect where a character appears in the scene, however, the character themselves is not originally part of the scene (the earliest this can be seen in the video is around 0:43). Any help on how to do this would be super appreciated!!

Tigrin
Org Profile

Re: Help with Visual Transitions!

Post by Tigrin » Mon May 29, 2017 11:22 pm

Those are masking transitions. For a character coming into or leaving a shot you might mask out the background and cut it or fade it or something like that. For going through a character's eye, you just mask around the pupil or something like that and create an artificial zoom into the footage (or zoom out) to create the idea of going through a character's eye into or out of another scene. I'm not sure what program you're using but you could probably look up masking tutorials on YouTube.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”