Lip flap help

destroyer437
Org Profile

Lip flap help

Post by destroyer437 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:12 pm

i am currently working on a clip were some one talks but the footage i currently have available the mouth movement doesn't synch with the audio. I use sony vegas i was wondering if there was any good tutorials out there that some one can recomend or tell me how to do it please.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Re: Lip flap help

Post by UnluckyArtist » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:35 pm

If the footage you need to sync has someone just standing there, and talking with no other movements in the frame besides their mouth moving, then it could be as simple as saving each lip movement frame as a jpeg and placing it back on the timeline wherever you need the specific mouth movement to be. If there's background movement you'd probably have to do some masking of the mouth only + saving as jpeg,, if you need visual help with that I'm sure you could find some ancient tutorial on here or some video tuts on the youtubes :D

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Re: Lip flap help

Post by DopplerDo » Tue May 09, 2017 8:30 pm

Hey Destroyer437, this is a pretty quick and straightforward tutorial for getting rid of lip flap in Vegas: https://youtu.be/uLfrujz4IJg

The narrator uses the "cookie cutter" technique, which works in a lot of situations, but it's a good gateway to understanding masking down the road.

Good luck!

Return to “Effects & Techniques”